Crazy Cults

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: Crazy Cults
A former friend of mine is all into the cult surrounding The Secret and Abraham-Hicks. Some don't consider it a cult, but if you've heard them talk, they might change your mind. He seriously believes being realistic is one of the stupidest things ever. Psychiatry and psychology are wrong and idiotic, because they ignore studies that show how people think. You see, you can have a million good thoughts, but one negative/bad thought can ruin everything. Think of it as a New Age mental Jenga. You'll be fine, but that one stray thought can unravel everything. Everything including giving you cancer, causing your parent to die, or your pet getting sick. However, if something bad happens to you that you don't like, it's not your fault, it's the bad thought another person had.

It's a very bad victim blaming situation. It honestly reminds me of Scientology. Mind you, nearly all of this is based on the religious writings of Wallace Wattles, but they took out God and call it the Universe. Same thing. They use pseudoscience and redefine actual science to "prove" they're right.

I've met a few through him and it's some scary shit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2015, 10:00 AM
(28-04-2015 03:21 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And how could I forget Synanon????

I first ran into some of the whackos there when I was in Radioman class A school....

Synanon was purportedly a drug/alcohol rehabilitation center - that ran amok and became a cult with only one oar in the water.....

They made people turn over all their material goods and forced them to live in barracks - where there was video and audio surveillance 24/7.

I seen some of the "trustee" types running around on little motorcycles - wearing orange robes and big helmets.... Weird...

They went completely out of control in the early 80's - attacking people with rattlesnakes in the mailbox -- and all sorts of weird shit.

I met a guy who'd lived adjacent to their property - and he rescued an escapee --- who was totally convinced that the cult would kill him. Good thing the guy had superior firepower. The cult "biker gang" (think nerds on vespas) showed up wanting their guy back - and this guy held them off with an AR-15.

The Pt Reyes Light -- a little local paper -- got a Pulitzer Prize for it's expose coverage of these freaks. You can Google it , and get the whole story.

I got to visit the compound a year or two after it was shut down by the Feds -- and abandoned..... Pretty spooky place. Cameras and microphones everywhere. All the barracks doors locked from the outside, rather than the inside.....

Wow i never heard of these guys. I'll have to look more into this.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
29-04-2015, 10:05 AM
(29-04-2015 10:00 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 03:21 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And how could I forget Synanon????

I first ran into some of the whackos there when I was in Radioman class A school....

Synanon was purportedly a drug/alcohol rehabilitation center - that ran amok and became a cult with only one oar in the water.....

They made people turn over all their material goods and forced them to live in barracks - where there was video and audio surveillance 24/7.

I seen some of the "trustee" types running around on little motorcycles - wearing orange robes and big helmets.... Weird...

They went completely out of control in the early 80's - attacking people with rattlesnakes in the mailbox -- and all sorts of weird shit.

I met a guy who'd lived adjacent to their property - and he rescued an escapee --- who was totally convinced that the cult would kill him. Good thing the guy had superior firepower. The cult "biker gang" (think nerds on vespas) showed up wanting their guy back - and this guy held them off with an AR-15.

The Pt Reyes Light -- a little local paper -- got a Pulitzer Prize for it's expose coverage of these freaks. You can Google it , and get the whole story.

I got to visit the compound a year or two after it was shut down by the Feds -- and abandoned..... Pretty spooky place. Cameras and microphones everywhere. All the barracks doors locked from the outside, rather than the inside.....

Wow i never heard of these guys. I'll have to look more into this.

The Point Reyes Light probably the best source.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-04-2015, 10:51 AM
I recall reading something on-line about this cult in L.A. that believes they can live solely off of sunlight. It's called Inedia. Some of it's members have made clams that they've lived 70 years without so much as a glass of water.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
29-04-2015, 10:54 AM
(29-04-2015 10:51 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I recall reading something on-line about this cult in L.A. that believes they can live solely off of sunlight. It's called Inedia. Some of it's members have made clams that they've lived 70 years without so much as a glass of water.

Do they lean in the direction of the sun?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
29-04-2015, 11:09 AM
(29-04-2015 10:51 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I recall reading something on-line about this cult in L.A. that believes they can live solely off of sunlight. It's called Inedia. Some of it's members have made clams that they've lived 70 years without so much as a glass of water.

I remember hearing about something like that......

If memory serves - they called themselves "Breatharians" (breathe air e ens) .....

I suppose a lung full of LA smog might count as a meal.........

I seem to remember the head honcho got caught in a hotel room full of Burger King take out.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post