Crazy Foods.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Crazy Foods.
Here in Melbourne the big supermarkets really annoy me with their crass advertising.

We must have at least 40 types of milk: goats, soy, low fat, lower fat, 1%,D plus or maybe milk with an extra dollop of cream.

They also push health via false claims, such as 98% fat free...well maybe, but what of the huge salt content and often carbs also . You really need to read the labels, especially the fine print. Many foodstuffs contain nut fragments which can kill some people.

I always try and dodge the lolly aisle, all that sugar, and kids screaming as they drag their Mums and Dads down obesity alley.

The funniest item I came across was Swiss Male 65 plus vitamins. It warned, regarding one ingredient, that if pregnant, not to exceed the recommended dose.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
23-01-2013, 04:59 PM
RE: Crazy Foods.
Gotta expect a certain amount of penis-envy.... though i wouldn't expect it in a generation that might still get pregnant.
Have you ever connected the epidemic of obesity to the fact that three entire aisles of prime supermarket space are devoted to zero nutritional value, labelled "snack"? WTF is a snack? Something you wedge into your busy eating-schedule, between breakfast and staff meeting, between lunch and quitting time, between the workplace and the bus-stop, between dinner and news, between Survivor and bedtime, between REM and first bladder-call?

The milks are okay. The escalating price of yogurts, less so. I say, expand the fresh vegetable section!

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
01-02-2013, 04:06 PM
(23-01-2013 04:59 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Gotta expect a certain amount of penis-envy.... though i wouldn't expect it in a generation that might still get pregnant.
Have you ever connected the epidemic of obesity to the fact that three entire aisles of prime supermarket space are devoted to zero nutritional value, labelled "snack"? WTF is a snack? Something you wedge into your busy eating-schedule, between breakfast and staff meeting, between lunch and quitting time, between the workplace and the bus-stop, between dinner and news, between Survivor and bedtime, between REM and first bladder-call?

The milks are okay. The escalating price of yogurts, less so. I say, expand the fresh vegetable section!
Not quite sure I understand the first sentence.
Agree with your other comments, however.
Like those mandies imported from the U.S. off season. Tongue
19-03-2013, 06:28 AM
Here's one. My puppy like potato chips, so I bought him some of these. He spit em out. It was hilarious. He looked at me like "how COULD you ?"

[Image: !CCRGqBQBGk~$(KGrHqF,!icE0G-0(WbYBNK...880000500F]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

19-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Smart dog, Bucky...he's a keeper.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF