too silly for words 42.11% 8 42.11%
God only knows 10.53% 2 10.53%
Might is right 0% 0 0%
Total 19 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crazy Grace.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2012, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 01:10 AM by Mr Woof.)
Crazy Grace.
Arminianism holds that despite the fall of man the saving blood of Jesus (God maybe)would serve to save believers, thankfull, in good conscience, and utilizing the help of Christ Jesus collectively, and with none pre ordained for Hell.
Assumedly, in this scenario, all pre Christian religions, even Judaism to a point, were not privy, wholistically or in actuality to Yahveh's special plan of saving the alleged sinners as a result of His horrible death.

In this scenario grace is provided to all, the age at time of death appearing to have no bearing, given the factor that some good deeds seemed practical as well as scriptural, if only to show that the efficacy of God's sacrifice was appreciated.

In Calvinism the whole situation seems even less credible as the original sinners are divided into the saved,pre Jesus in actuality,and the unsaved by virtue of the capricious whim of Yahveh As a result of this the kindest person with the most decent intent and Biblical understanding, to their best ability, must always fear God's prior determination, which is unknown to them in their capacity as created things..

Like Paul of Tarsus, the major author of Christianity, who fell from his horse and 'spoke' with Jesus, there are a few even today who feel assured of their salvation, via similar encounters, fits, visions and the likes.

Is this all any weirder than the obsessed Moslem who sees eternal life for himself as a result of martyrdom, for himself, and 70 family members, by annihilating the infidels. At least he thinks,wicked and perverse as it is, about with whom, he is dealing.
Though on second thought there are major differences between Sunni & Shiite there also, making any sane religious belief whatsoever all but impossible
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2012, 03:45 AM
RE: Crazy Grace.
Just like the gigantic super-structure of endless sentimental dot-connecting in Catholic Theology, these huge systems of
insert swear word
what is the word ?? are so utterly out of touch with reality it's just mind-boggling that humans cooked all this crap up. Angry

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Why ask this question to a bunch of atheists and give more than a "yes" or "no" option?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-10-2012, 11:53 AM
(16-10-2012 11:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Why ask this question to a bunch of atheists and give more than a "yes" or "no" option?
That'd be a false dichotomy. Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
16-10-2012, 11:55 AM
I so thought this was about Grace Slick...I was ready for White Rabbit and get this Sad

I'm off to the Cannabis Thread, that never lets me down!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
16-10-2012, 12:01 PM
(16-10-2012 11:53 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 11:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Why ask this question to a bunch of atheists and give more than a "yes" or "no" option?

Sounds painful Shocking
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Haha Smile I know who voted yes Big Grin

I voted maybe 'cos once you're riding the crazy train I don't see any real difference in the carriages (unless you're in the one that's on fire). And KC's one of two Calvinists I know both of whom are awesome. I had a third (FB friend) but he kept telling me to read the Bible & that I was sinful & shit so I deleted him. Take THAT asshole Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I didn't vote because I was asked a question about religion.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
16-10-2012, 12:48 PM
I thought it was going to be a category of grace from a newly come-to-light book of Bonhoeffer or Barth, "Crazy grace", as opposed to "cheap grace". Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-10-2012, 12:56 PM
(16-10-2012 11:53 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

No, it just makes no sense to ask people the question who think that Christian theology is silly and false and give them a way to express that opinion.

The purpose of the question was "Is Calvinism the sanest option for Christians?"

This is a "yes" or "no" question. Giving the person an option to vote other than "yes" or "no" doesn't help the integrity of the question.

It's kind like the opposite of a false dichotomy... giving too many options.

Of course an atheist is going to pick something other than "yes" or "no" if the option is presented because of their lack of belief in the basis of the question.

It skews the answers with irrelevance to the question that is being asked.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]