Crazy,hypocritical nutjob Christians think that infant genocide is justified

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: Crazy,hypocritical nutjob Christians think that infant genocide is justified
(03-12-2013 05:56 PM)NoSuicide4Me Wrote:  If sin is really that big of a deal to this god, then why he just destroy it?

There are two schools of thought on this question:

Calvinism: God wants some people to suffer. God is a capricious dick. However, God is also all-loving and all-good, just that the definition of good is 'really really angry and a fucking asshole' and the definition of loving is 'wants to kill lots of people for no reason and hear their screams for eternity'.

Arianism (I think I got the name right): God is all-loving and all-good, he just doesn't want to interfere with our free will. At the same time by some mysterious means, God has a mystical woo-woo plan for all of us, which unfortunately includes some of us getting tortured for eternity for failing to use that free will he so loving gave us *exactly* as he orders in his vague, badly written, much translated and edited so-called 'life-manual'. He doesn't *want* us to be tortured, he just *will* damn well torture us because he made the rules that way.

Summary. Calvinism: God is a sick fuck. Arianism: God is a stupid fuck.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-12-2013, 09:17 AM
RE: Crazy,hypocritical nutjob Christians think that infant genocide is justified
(03-12-2013 05:31 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 02:24 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It's basic cognitive dissonance. They have inexplicably attached the label "omnibenevolent" to their self-admittedly cruel deity, and they have to reconcile that. Hard. It's bound to cause some very weird mental gymnastics.

The creepy thing is when it frequently comes off like abuse victims making excuses for their abuser.
No no, it has to be more than just that. They barely bat an eye, I doubt they have any discomfort. I think its an investment they have, an unshakable belief, funny how you reference stockholm syndrome though. This blind devotion, I don't think they consider what they're actually saying and consider the source where these criticisms come from. Skeptics or atheists, there's no way they are going to listen to that, those people who are the very target of their sermons. If it conflicts with god it has to go, even when there is no real conflict to begin with. It's got to be something deeper.

No, there are plenty that are deeply troubled with it, and basically start ignoring parts of the Bible (one way to resolve the dissonance). I know Christians who don't believe in hell. They jettison any part of the Bible or theology that makes God look bad and rely on [mysterious ways] for the rest. If you ask this type of Christian why God killed all the babies in the flood, they'll tell you the flood never happened.
04-12-2013, 09:35 AM
(04-12-2013 12:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  Calvinism: God wants some people to suffer. God is a capricious dick. However, God is also all-loving and all-good, just that the definition of good is 'really really angry and a fucking asshole' and the definition of loving is 'wants to kill lots of people for no reason and hear their screams for eternity'.

How do christians expect me worship a god like that? I have way too much self-respect than to deep throat this god irrumatio style.

(04-12-2013 12:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  Arianism (I think I got the name right): God is all-loving and all-good, he just doesn't want to interfere with our free will. At the same time by some mysterious means, God has a mystical woo-woo plan for all of us, which unfortunately includes some of us getting tortured for eternity for failing to use that free will he so loving gave us *exactly* as he orders in his vague, badly written, much translated and edited so-called 'life-manual'. He doesn't *want* us to be tortured, he just *will* damn well torture us because he made the rules that way.

If that's the case, then this god needs to take up basket weaving, or some other hobby, and leave his creation the hell alone because obviously this god doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSuicide4Me's post
04-12-2013, 09:44 AM
(04-12-2013 12:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  Summary. Calvinism: God is a sick fuck. Arianism: God is a stupid fuck.
Its think its both God is a sick stupid fuck XD he's a sadist who devised torture for people who don't do exactly how he wishes but on the same hand doesn't know how to deal with petty problems like tower of babel.
04-12-2013, 01:21 PM
(04-12-2013 09:44 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 12:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  Summary. Calvinism: God is a sick fuck. Arianism: God is a stupid fuck.
Its think its both God is a sick stupid fuck XD he's a sadist who devised torture for people who don't do exactly how he wishes but on the same hand doesn't know how to deal with petty problems like tower of babel.

Ironically enough when I challenged my theist mate he said that he wasn't ready to judge which of Calvinism and Arianism was right, and thought the real truth lay somewhere in the middle Tongue So the Christians agree with you Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-12-2013, 07:43 PM
I am becoming more and more convinced after my de-conversion and interactions with all former friends and family still entrenched within Christianity, that it truly destroys one's empathy for others. After x amount of time embracing and accepting its precepts, one becomes insane.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Lord of Surf's post
06-12-2013, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 08:21 AM by Cathym112.)
(03-12-2013 11:51 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  [Image: The%20Matrix%20_DivX_%20280_0001.jpg]

...you were expecting something coherent and/or reasonable from a bunch of pathological liars....?

Taq - seriously. STOP IT!!! Just fucking stop it.. These people have a virus of the mind. It's very difficult to cure. JT Egarhart said in Dear Christian, " You do not chose your beliefs, they are a product of whatever facts are rolling around in your skull. " that applies to atheists as well as those "pathological liars" as you call them.

You cannot simply will yourself into not believing anymore than you can will yourself into believing. It takes work. It takes effort. Years of continued upward struggle. Clawing your way through guilt, doubt, letting go of what could be their entire family. So yeah. Their compartmentalizations are obvious. They are fearful and that fear can make one weak. Their cognitive dissonance is a defense mechanism because facing reality - any way you slice it - is scary. You seem to think that all weakness should be a target for your scorn!! I have a "weak" stomach and I immediately toss my cookies if there is something really smelly. Should you ridicule me as well?

Some people don't even try to pull themselves out if t. They are HAPPY with not knowing.

Just once I'd like to go back to when I used to skip through life with shit in my pants thinking its a goddamn party.

Would you be so hostile and call someone "lazy" if they had cancer? Although cancer is exponentially worse, and I do not wish to minimize it at all. Losing your faith is like having to face going through chemo. You have to go through a personal hell of torment, sickness, struggle abondonment, and paralyzingly guilt and fear. Gee...I wonder why more people don't sign up to go through that?

So do me a favor. Grow up. Not everyone who believes is a pathological liar. Realize that many of us have family members who are believers and quite frankly, I'm growing tired of you insulting my mother.

Stop vilifying anyone who doesn't hold the same beliefs (or non belief) you do. It makes you no different from the religious fanatics. You are just the other side of the fanatical coin.

You don't know there isn't a god anymore than they know there is one. Sure...there is an overwhelming lack of evidence that any god of the bible, or Torah, or Quran exists. But what about a god that doesn't care about dogma? What about one that created the Big Bang and had/has no other involvement? There can be lack of evidence that I burned my house down...but that doesn't mean I didn't do it or that it didn't happen. The only thing we have right now, is circumstantial evidence. And that's rarely enough to convict.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
07-12-2013, 01:15 AM
(03-12-2013 05:56 PM)NoSuicide4Me Wrote:  If sin is really that big of a deal to this god, then why he just destroy it?

Because the Christian god is not as powerful as the Devil, amazing as it may sound. The Devil always has his own way. The Christian god pales into insignificance in the presence of the Devil.

We see the Devil's work all around us and God is powerless to stop him.

Chuckle chuckle chuckle Big Grin

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
07-12-2013, 01:42 AM
(04-12-2013 09:35 AM)NoSuicide4Me Wrote:  How do christians expect me worship a god like that? I have way too much self-respect than to deep throat this god irrumatio style.

If that's the case, then this god needs to take up basket weaving, or some other hobby, and leave his creation the hell alone because obviously this god doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

Man, you deepthroat him and u will lose at least your dick, but more than likely it will be your life.

The baskets are what He will use to collect all the cutoff penises from all of the people who actually DID deepthroat him

Big Grin

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll