Crazy scenes in Ukraine.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Crazy scenes in Ukraine.
I have been watching the situation unfold in the Ukraine since it started in November. Today/yesterday has been the worst day for violence yet. Whilst I feel that the country is divided over the whole EU/Russian deal, the actions of today may swing the whole situation into something much bigger.

The scenes are not nice, so obv personal discretion is advised. There are some quite graphic videos of people being killed (like a grenade landing in front of riot police, police being bludgeoned to death) that I will not link for obvious reasons.

Protesters with guns, extreme violence towards police

Protesters being fired upon with live ammunition

Armored Personnel Carriers.

Will post more as they come out.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2014, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2014 08:00 PM by bemore.)
RE: Crazy scenes in Ukraine.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
20-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Love to watch spec ops to beat the living shit out of em. Go Go Go Spetsnaz!
20-02-2014, 01:07 AM
Sad and surreal.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
20-02-2014, 01:31 AM
(20-02-2014 01:07 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Sad and surreal.

I don't understand. I don't understand the conditions that would make it seem necessary for this kind of behavior. I see in the footage protestors with bats in their hands helping to drag an officer to safety. I don't understand the mindset that in one moment wants to smash their head in, but once done, help save him. I do not see the point in this melee. I see a whole nation of peoples who don't really want to hurt each other, but feel that there is no other alternative. I don't understand.

And some claim that we're not animals. I hope I never have to understand.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
20-02-2014, 07:24 AM
(20-02-2014 01:31 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 01:07 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Sad and surreal.

I don't understand. I don't understand the conditions that would make it seem necessary for this kind of behavior. I see in the footage protestors with bats in their hands helping to drag an officer to safety. I don't understand the mindset that in one moment wants to smash their head in, but once done, help save him. I do not see the point in this melee. I see a whole nation of peoples who don't really want to hurt each other, but feel that there is no other alternative. I don't understand.

And some claim that we're not animals. I hope I never have to understand.

The protests started off quite peacefully at the beginning. There was a lot of solidarity and support shown throughout the winter months and a few government building were taken over to disrupt the government and to provide shelter.

A lot of police have been "captured" throughout this. They had their equipment confiscated (helmets, gas masks, riot shields, armour) which the protesters have used for their own cause. There has been some violence but none on the scale seen two days ago. I believe that most of the people just want democracy however there is a very small minority who want violence.

I agree though. The people are ultimately beating their own people to death over this.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
20-02-2014, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 01:07 PM by Filox.)
(20-02-2014 12:30 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Love to watch spec ops to beat the living shit out of em. Go Go Go Spetsnaz!

Hey Stupid, this is not Russia, but Ukraine. Spetsnaz is Russian.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
20-02-2014, 01:13 PM
BTW, this was in Bosnia, 10 days ago...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
20-02-2014, 03:11 PM

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
20-02-2014, 06:35 PM
(20-02-2014 01:02 PM)Filox Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 12:30 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Love to watch spec ops to beat the living shit out of em. Go Go Go Spetsnaz!

Hey Stupid, this is not Russia, but Ukraine. Spetsnaz is Russian.

I know. They are called Berkut in ukraine but have same job.