Crazy things your crazy aunt/uncle/brother/sister/generic relative told you lately

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2015, 06:55 AM
RE: Crazy things your crazy aunt/uncle/brother/sister/generic relative told you lately
(30-11-2015 05:04 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  My mom tried to sell me on expensive Young Living essential oil miracle cures this morning. I had to really, really resist the urge to grab her by the shoulders and shake some sense into her.
Please don't shake children. . . or people acting like children, i think it's dangerous to them too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2015, 07:00 AM
RE: Crazy things your crazy aunt/uncle/brother/sister/generic relative told you lately
(01-12-2015 06:55 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 05:04 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  My mom tried to sell me on expensive Young Living essential oil miracle cures this morning. I had to really, really resist the urge to grab her by the shoulders and shake some sense into her.
Please don't shake children. . . or people acting like children, i think it's dangerous to them too.

I don't.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
01-12-2015, 07:02 AM
(01-12-2015 07:00 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 06:55 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Please don't shake children. . . or people acting like children, i think it's dangerous to them too.

I don't.
Good. I know it's hard when ones parents act like they are the child. (^_^)
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
01-12-2015, 07:07 AM
(30-11-2015 01:08 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This might be a better approach to dealing with them than trying to engage in serious conversation. Because trying to use facts and logic to debate what she was saying, wasn't met with similar rebuttals.

I'm curious if that would get spread, like the telephone game. Once the original source (a sarcastic liberal) was lost, I wonder how many nuts would take any of those "facts" at face value.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
01-12-2015, 08:14 AM
(01-12-2015 07:07 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 01:08 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This might be a better approach to dealing with them than trying to engage in serious conversation. Because trying to use facts and logic to debate what she was saying, wasn't met with similar rebuttals.

I'm curious if that would get spread, like the telephone game. Once the original source (a sarcastic liberal) was lost, I wonder how many nuts would take any of those "facts" at face value.

How many? >0

And stupid spreads through conservative ranks like a wildfire through dry brush.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post