Creabel: why creation is true in 5 lessons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2011, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2011 05:59 AM by Thammuz.)
Creabel: why creation is true in 5 lessons
I ran across this creationist website (http://www.creabel.org) today (it's in dutch, sadly enough). Yes, I know there are thousands of them, but I tought this one in particular was interesting because it seeks to teach creation through a series of "scientific" lessons that can be understood by anyone.

For your entertainment; some of the "facts":

Lesson 1: overview

-The timespan of evolution is too large, therefore it can't be recreated in an experiment. If it can't be tested, you can't be sure it's true
-There are different kinds of evolution: cosmic, stellar, chemical, planetary, organic, macro- and micro-evolution. The theory of evolution fails to answer why all of these things have evolved, therefore the theory is incomplete and shouldn't be trusted.
-Lifeforms are so complex that it would be impossible for them to exist without being created by an intelligent designer. On top of that, many lifeforms are beautiful, so God made them so we could enjoy it.

Lesson 2: faith and knowledge

-Faith is accepting things without proof. But there is no proof of monkeys having human offspring. Therefore, people have been brainwashed.
-Evolution is just a theory because not everything has peen proven yet. Even Einstein adapted is relativity theory, that's why it's just a theory too. Therefore, evolution shouldn't be accepted.
-Women have painful childbirths, contrary to animals. This is completely logical when reading about the original sin in the Bible.
-The great flood caused all the fossils to be stuck in different layers. this was probably caused by a giant meteor that crashed into an ocean.
-Continental drift began AFTER the great flood. 1500 years ago, it took mars and Venus 13 years to come to our solar system. They cause earthquakes and disasters every 13 years. that's why 13 is an unlucky number.

Lesson 3: timeline

-the usual one: earth being 6500 years old

Lesson 4: geological layers

-The earth was created with a flat surface. The great flood and God's activation of the continental drift changed that.
-Humans grew to be 950 years old before the flood, 600 at the time of the flood (Noah) and descending ever since. This correlates with the different geological periods and marks the decay of man.

http://www.creabel.org/index.php?id=146 for the schematics

Lesson 5: emulsion

-Evolutionists claim that all processes during the entire existence of the world took place in a linear way, with the same parameters.
-If this were true, the Grand canyon couldn't have eroded to its current state. The great flood however, can explain the formation of the Grand canyon.
-Therefore: evolution is false

Eagerly awaiting *facepalms*, *sighs* and comments Tongue

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thammuz's post
28-04-2011, 06:22 AM
RE: Creabel: why creation is true in 5 lessons
I think you should include your own counter answers in bold underneath each lesson! I would but it would take away from the fun now wouldn't it? Cool
28-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Wow. I guess I am not surprised by the fact that people believe it but when I sit down and look at it again it still baffles me. Other animals do not have painful childbirths? Seriously?

Evolve
28-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:-Faith is accepting things without proof. But there is no proof of monkeys having human offspring. Therefore, people have been brainwashed.
The irony is delicious...

Quote:-Women have painful childbirths, contrary to animals. This is completely logical when reading about the original sin in the Bible.
Okay, granted, we have more pain, but animals still have pain.

Quote:-Continental drift began AFTER the great flood. 1500 years ago, it took mars and Venus 13 years to come to our solar system. They cause earthquakes and disasters every 13 years. that's why 13 is an unlucky number.
...I don't even know with that one.

Quote:-Evolutionists claim that all processes during the entire existence of the world took place in a linear way, with the same parameters.
-If this were true, the Grand canyon couldn't have eroded to its current state. The great flood however, can explain the formation of the Grand canyon.
-Therefore: evolution is false.
If Fundie mental gymnastics were physical, it would be a constant gold-winner.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
28-04-2011, 10:22 AM

Thanks for the laughs Smile
Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2011, 12:11 PM
(28-04-2011 05:41 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  Lesson 2: faith and knowledge

-Faith is accepting things without proof. But there is no proof of monkeys having human offspring. Therefore, people have been brainwashed.
Seems like they should have stopped at this one because they defeated themselves with it, but hey, who cares about critical thinking when applying it to ones own position, am I right?

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
29-04-2011, 03:53 AM
The argument that animals only pretend to feel pain amuses me. Its like saying that woman only pretend to feel pain so you feel sympathy towards them during childbirth.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
29-04-2011, 05:45 AM
(29-04-2011 03:53 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  The argument that animals only pretend to feel pain amuses me. Its like saying that woman only pretend to feel pain so you feel sympathy towards them during childbirth.

Oh and when you hear animals whimpering after being wounded or physically damaged it's simply them saying "Hello there."
29-04-2011, 08:13 PM
(28-04-2011 05:41 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  -Humans grew to be 950 years old before the flood, 600 at the time of the flood (Noah) and descending ever since.

'Descending ever since'. That ties in perfectly with life expectancy in England (and presumably other developed countries) having doubled in the last 100-150 years lol

As a great man once said, always we must contend with the stupidity of men.
30-04-2011, 03:40 AM
(29-04-2011 08:13 PM)hughsie Wrote:  
(28-04-2011 05:41 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  -Humans grew to be 950 years old before the flood, 600 at the time of the flood (Noah) and descending ever since.

'Descending ever since'. That ties in perfectly with life expectancy in England (and presumably other developed countries) having doubled in the last 100-150 years lol

As a great man once said, always we must contend with the stupidity of men.

<creationist idiot mode>"Have you got fossils to support your claim? We all know demographic figures have been falsified by atheist fundamentalists. We however, have the bible, giving us undeniable evidence for it. The Bible, you see, is the word of God, the bible clearly states that. I can't believe how deluded you are! </creationist idiot mode>

hehehe Tongue

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)