Create Your Own Unfalsifiable Belief Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2015, 10:48 PM
It’s easy to create your own unfalsifiable belief (a Garage Dragon if you will Big Grin ). Just follow these steps:

1. Express a belief
2. Someone proposes a way in which the belief can be tested
3. Add or change an attribute of the belief to render the proposed test invalid, and return to step 2

I’ll start...

An all-powerful, non-temporal, invisible, supreme being created the universe and loves me but only if I believe in it without proof.

Oh, wait Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
21-08-2015, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2015 11:53 PM by pablo.)
RE: Create Your Own Unfalsifiable Belief Game
(21-08-2015 10:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It’s easy to create your own unfalsifiable belief (a Garage Dragon if you will Big Grin ). Just follow these steps:

1. Express a belief
3. Add or change an attribute of the belief to render the proposed test invalid, and return to step 2

I’ll start...

An all-powerful, non-temporal, invisible, supreme being created the universe and loves me but only if I believe in it without proof.

Oh, wait Consider

They don't call him Full Circle for nuthin' folks! Tongue
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
22-08-2015, 12:24 AM
I already played that game, and beat it. Big Grin

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
22-08-2015, 12:41 AM
(21-08-2015 10:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’ll start...

That's already been done. Pick something original.
22-08-2015, 01:34 AM
Angels live amongst us and follow us around everywhere we go making or stopping things from happening, but any means of detection pushes them away like a repulsive force and stops them from changing our lives.

There is an alien population where each and every member can communicate telepathically with a corresponding human being on our planet. We think it is our subconscious talking but actually we're each receiving different telepathic thoughts that change how our brains work.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
22-08-2015, 07:20 AM
I am invisible and undetectable when nobody and nothing is observing me besides me and my dog.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
22-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Shapeshifting flesh-eating reptiloid aliens secretly control everything.

Wait, that's the truth. Uhm...

... this is my signature!
22-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Ooh, I have one.

For all we know, there could be life on distant planets in our universe, perhaps even intelligent life capable of space travel.

Oh, wait, Free and thebeardeddude already disproved that. We can safely say that the only life in our universe exists here on earth.

(22-08-2015 07:29 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  " I don't have proof that alien spacecraft exist, therefore, this is proof that alien spacecraft don't exist."

That IS the conclusion reached.

(20-08-2015 08:47 AM)Free Wrote:  You don't seem to understand that for a claim to be possible, it must be falsifiable.
22-08-2015, 09:55 AM
(22-08-2015 09:20 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Ooh, I have one.

For all we know, there could be life on distant planets in our universe, perhaps even intelligent life capable of space travel.

Detectable.

Not a garage dragon.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
22-08-2015, 10:40 AM
(21-08-2015 10:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It’s easy to create your own unfalsifiable belief (a Garage Dragon if you will Big Grin ). Just follow these steps:

1. Express a belief

I’ll start...

Oh, wait Consider

It's been done...to death. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post