Create your own skeptical quotes.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
07-03-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: Create your own skeptical quotes.
"Have you found Jesus yet?" a pastor once asked me. I replied, "You mean that dude who got strung up on a couple of sticks and had his ass handed to him by the Romans?"

True story.

Drinking Beverage

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
07-03-2015, 10:13 AM
(07-03-2015 09:42 AM)Free Wrote:  "Have you found Jesus yet?" a pastor once asked me. I replied, "You mean that dude who got strung up on a couple of sticks and had his ass handed to him by the Romans?"

True story.

Drinking Beverage

LOL...

gotta ask -- what'd he say? (once he got past the indignant stuttering...)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Since the universe is everything, it must have taken everything god could give to create it, therefore god no longer exists. Since god no longer exists, then you have to ask, who built the bible ?

Your answer has to be human beings.

Since humans created the idea of a god in the bible, the idea that a god created the universe is also made up.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-03-2015, 10:42 AM
(07-03-2015 03:53 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  god, evolutions tasty antidepressant. - h4ym4n

[Image: comuniones_zpsoppg0bgt.png]
[+] 1 user Likes H4ym4n's post
07-03-2015, 10:48 AM
(07-03-2015 10:42 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 03:53 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  god, evolutions tasty antidepressant. - h4ym4n

[Image: comuniones_zpsoppg0bgt.png]

The irony being that the religious are more depressed on average then the non religious.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
07-03-2015, 10:50 AM

Um yea like a placebo with deadly side effects. Belief in a god may make someone feel good, but it also leads humans to needles violence.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2015, 10:51 AM
(07-03-2015 10:48 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 10:42 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  [Image: comuniones_zpsoppg0bgt.png]

The irony being that the religious are more depressed on average then the non religious.

Well, when you keep asking your god to help you out or to give you answers and he never returns your calls - it's going to make you sad.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-03-2015, 10:59 AM
(07-03-2015 10:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 09:42 AM)Free Wrote:  "Have you found Jesus yet?" a pastor once asked me. I replied, "You mean that dude who got strung up on a couple of sticks and had his ass handed to him by the Romans?"

True story.

Drinking Beverage

LOL...

gotta ask -- what'd he say? (once he got past the indignant stuttering...)

The pastor was a young man who I had seen before. It was during a yearly city festival where they close off a couple streets downtown and bring in various entertainment, vendors, etc.

Anyways, there is a particular church in our town that sends out their young pastors to "witness" to people who pass by them as they stand in the town square. I was with a friend- another atheist- who was talking a drink of coffee at the same time I said it.

Coffee came out his nose and damn near choked him. He went down on one knee gasping and laughing. Thought he was gonna die lol.

The young pastor was shocked. Other people heard it too, and tried in vain not to crack right up, but it was obvious they were exploding inside. The pastor just looked at me, blinking his eyes trying to digest what he had just heard.

The whole situation was a hoot.

That's the kind of guy I am. I gotta be me.

Big Grin

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
07-03-2015, 11:56 AM
"religion that sticky thing where the motives and wishes of an all powerful ruler of existence always conveniently coincides with the personal agenda's/opinions/bigotry/personal preferences of his self proclaimed spokespersons who charges you high priced tickets to hear him spout gibberish" - me

"apologetic's, the art of displaying a straight face in the face of legitimate criticism through nothing but unwavering self inflicted delusions" - me

"my non-belief offends you ? please tell me about the offensive propaganda you don't proudly display everywhere threatening others with torture and damnation for not living the way you want" - me

"your prayers were answered ? then please pray to find out where the next 5 major earthquakes, floods, tsunami's, terrorist attacks will take place with the exact time, location and damage caused so lives can be saved" - me
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
07-03-2015, 12:01 PM
(07-03-2015 11:56 AM)Ace Wrote:  "religion that sticky thing where the motives and wishes of an all powerful ruler of existence always conveniently coincides with the personal agenda's/opinions/bigotry/personal preferences of his self proclaimed spokespersons who charges you high priced tickets to hear him spout gibberish" - me

"apologetic's, the art of displaying a straight face in the face of legitimate criticism through nothing but unwavering self inflicted delusions" - me

"my non-belief offends you ? please tell me about the offensive propaganda you don't proudly display everywhere threatening others with torture and damnation for not living the way you want" - me

"your prayers were answered ? then please pray to find out where the next 5 major earthquakes, floods, tsunami's, terrorist attacks will take place with the exact time, location and damage caused so lives can be saved" - me

I particularly liked the first two.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post