RE: Creation Days Not the Same as 24-hour Earth Days
Oh Yay, more idiocy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
29-11-2014, 08:29 AM
(29-11-2014 08:23 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-11-2014 08:16 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  A link on the first post of a new user?

Mods must be sleeping. Drinking Beverage

Given that a user's first post has to be manually approved by a staff member before showing up, I really don't understand how this could have happened. Huh

Well however it happened, it did.

Only thing to do is figure out how.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-11-2014, 08:29 AM
(29-11-2014 08:27 AM)dcobranchi Wrote:  Wow! I'd never considered that maybe, perhaps, Genesis wasn't accurate. This post has completely turned my worldview upside down. I'm definitely going to church tomorrow. </sarcasm>

I'm a newbie here, too. It seems like every third thread is written by some theist trying (lamely) to convert the fallen, here. Is this a representative sample? Or have I merely gotten "lucky?"

It's the holidays, they're coming out of the shadows now.
29-11-2014, 08:30 AM
[Image: adc94e5a90a-suck.jpg.jpg]

Welcome to the forums?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
29-11-2014, 08:31 AM
(29-11-2014 08:27 AM)dcobranchi Wrote:  Wow! I'd never considered that maybe, perhaps, Genesis wasn't accurate. This post has completely turned my worldview upside down. I'm definitely going to church tomorrow. </sarcasm>

I'm a newbie here, too. It seems like every third thread is written by some theist trying (lamely) to convert the fallen, here. Is this a representative sample? Or have I merely gotten "lucky?"

Eh.

We get up and down periods when it comes to Theotrolls.

Recently seems to be something of an 'up period'... If you can call that sort of shit-spewing 'up'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-11-2014, 08:31 AM
(29-11-2014 08:23 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-11-2014 08:16 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  A link on the first post of a new user?

Mods must be sleeping. Drinking Beverage
Given that a user's first post has to be manually approved by a staff member before showing up, I really don't understand how this could have happened. Huh

'Cause gawd.'

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
29-11-2014, 08:32 AM
(29-11-2014 08:25 AM)clydelyn27 Wrote:  http://controversyextraordinary.blogspot...ities.html More Possibilities and Impossibilities: God is in Control – not Atheists

Welcome again Clyde, before you get banned for spamming the intro thread, how about you wander on over to one of the actual discussion threads, and I will dismantle your pasting of someone else's work, with mine. You see, if you get your education from pseudo-science sites, or creationists misinformation sites, you get way off the path of reality. Since you must be unable to articulate your view based on your own education, knowledge and experience, and choose to paste someone else's blog musings as...evidence of someone else's delusion..I must assume you are unable to articulate your own assertions. If I am wrong, then come on down to a discussion thread of your choice and I will help you with articulable facts and guidance...all free of charge. Big Grin

Welcome!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
29-11-2014, 08:33 AM

Welcome to the holiday season at TTA. The theists really amp up their efforts around here this time of year.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-11-2014, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2014 08:43 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-11-2014 08:25 AM)clydelyn27 Wrote:  http://controversyextraordinary.blogspot...ities.html More Possibilities and Impossibilities: God is in Control – not Atheists
More possibilities : religionists know NOTHING about how their holy books got cooked up.
1. There is no god. Certainly not the ancient pissed-off ancient angry deity named Yahweh Sabaoth, (the Canaanite god of war ... the "Lord of Hosts") who was the 70th son of El Elyon, the chief Babylonian deity.
2. There are 2 creation stories. One in Genesis 1, one in Genesis 2. Scholars know that this represents the conflation of the traditions of the ancient Northern Kingdom and the Southern Kingdom, which the Judean priests did when they assembled these ancient myths in Babylon, at the command of the Persian emperor, just before he allowed a return from exile, so the new Israel state could serve as a buffer state between his nation and the invading Greeks. The Torah of Moses (who was also a myth) was written to serve as a "national story" to unify a defeated nation, post invation and Exile. It's known as the "Documenatary Hypothesis" by scholars. There is no question humans cooked up these creation stories based on the Babylonian Enuma Elish (the Babylonian creation myths). In Ezra and nehemiah, the return is described, and the introduction by Ezra of the Torah of Moses. We know when humans cooked up the texts which eventually came to be assembled into what is today known as "The Bible".
3. Wasting time over what a "day" meant in an ancient myth when we KNOW, and EVERY science department in EVERY university in the entire world knows) the universe is billions of years old, and no ancient Jewish priest had any clue about any of this until SCIENCE discovered how old the universe and Earth is, (confirmed by multiple dating methods) is a TOTAL waste of a human's life.
Refs : "Who Wrote the Bible" : DOCTOR Richard Eliott Friedmann and "How the Bible Became a Book, The Textualization of Ancient Israel" DOCTOR William Schneidewind

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-11-2014, 08:41 AM
http://controversyextraordinary.blogspot...lical.html
The Antiquity of the Earth: Biblical or Scientific?