Creation: He is a programmer of a PC game.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2013, 02:12 AM
Information Creation: He is a programmer of a PC game.
If this is the first time people at this forum look at the problem this way, it shall be interesting.

======

He is a game programmer.

He turned on the computer power.

He got into the programming software.

He created a game.

He created characters.

He created a storyline that characters decided whether to resist the temptation of an apple or not based, on their 'free will'.

He created the the algorithm for 'free will'.

He ran the program, and the result is that the characters yielded to temptation.

He added new parameters called "wisdom" and "sinner" to the characters, either has specific functions. Wisdom is a upgraded version of 'free will' prototype. Sinner is a pre-requisite to start the subroutine called 'pray and might got answered'.

He created another storyline. And things can go on and on.

The difference is he did it in an explicit programmer way, rather than in mysterious ways.

======

How do you feel about him ?

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
29-03-2013, 02:14 AM
RE: Creation: He is a programmer of a PC game.
Well it makes a lot more sense if the programmer was fixing software with unforeseen problems, rather than an all knowing being predetermining everything.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
29-03-2013, 02:18 AM
If it is done in myterious ways, then I am not supposed to understant the theist's mysterious language if they understand these ways. Therefore there's no need to understand.

If the theists say that I can understand their language, then they must not understand the mysterious ways. Therefore there's no good understanding.

Just got that thought. Interesting.

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
29-03-2013, 02:20 AM
Depends. If I was BloodRayne, I'd think he was pretty fly. If I was just some minion soon to be ripped apart by Rayne... well, maybe that wouldn't be too bad either. Big Grin

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-03-2013, 02:20 AM
(29-03-2013 02:14 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  Well it makes a lot more sense if the programmer was fixing software with unforeseen problems, rather than an all knowing being predetermining everything.

That's what a programmer does.

If a programmer knows what the problems are and lets them happen knowingly, how do you feel about this programmer ?

29-03-2013, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2013 02:27 AM by fstratzero.)
(29-03-2013 02:18 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  If it is done in myterious ways, then I am not supposed to understant the theist's mysterious language if they understand these ways. Therefore there's no need to understand.

If the theists say that I can understand their language, then they must not understand the mysterious ways. Therefore there's no good understanding.

Just got that thought. Interesting.

Theology might justly be defined the science of contradictions. Every religion is only a system, invented to reconcile irreconcilable notions. By the aid of habit and terror, man becomes obstinate in the greatest absurdities, even after they are exposed in the clearest manner. All religions are easily combated, but with difficulty extirpated. Reason avails nothing against custom, which becomes, says the proverb, a second nature. Many persons, in other respects sensible, even after having examined the rotten foundation of their belief, adhere to it in contempt of the most striking arguments. Whenever we complain of religion, its shocking absurdities, and impossibilities, we are told that we are not made to understand the truths of religion; that reason goes astray, and is capable of leading us to perdition; and moreover, that what is folly in the eyes of man, is wisdom in the eyes of God, to whom nothing is impossible. In short, to surmount, by a single word, the most insurmountable difficulties, presented on all sides by theology, they get rid of them by saying, these are mysteries! - D'holbach

If all of god's ways are an unsolvable mystery then why would any human being waste anytime thinking about them? Rather it would seem much more fruitful to study the natural.

You might be familiar with this author.
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/7319/7319-h/7319-h.htm

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
29-03-2013, 02:26 AM
(29-03-2013 02:20 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 02:14 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  Well it makes a lot more sense if the programmer was fixing software with unforeseen problems, rather than an all knowing being predetermining everything.

If a programmer knows what the problems are and lets them happen knowingly, how do you feel about this programmer ?

I would question his motives.

There would seem to be a reason for doing something like that. Laziness, greed, or something else. I would feel cheated buying that kind of software if it wasn't patched for free.

-Baron d'Holbach-
29-03-2013, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:24 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
01-04-2013, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 08:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-03-2013 02:12 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  If this is the first time people at this forum look at the problem this way, it shall be interesting. ... He is a game programmer.
... How do you feel about him ?

As a programmer myself, it makes me feel like God. ... I did mention that I am my own personal Jesus didn't I? Tongue

(29-03-2013 02:20 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  

That they suck at debugging. Big Grin

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Programmers can set the wheels in motion, but can't intervene in the running of the program in a theistic way without slowing the program down too much for it to really work. They have to let it run in ways that they can't always predict.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.