Creation Museum...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Creation Museum...
(29-01-2013 06:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 10:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Who cares what the personal religious beliefs of some of the scientists around the world and through time have been? Something like >90% of the national academy is of a nonreligious affiliation, that does not mean that atheism is correct. Concluding as such is a logical fallacy, as is the appeal to authority committed by saying that the religious beliefs of some other scientists matter at all.

The list you gave includes some of the greats in science and they most certainly were believers, but the science they did was of a secular nature. They neither set out to refute nor support the notion of a god or anything supernatural. Just like scientists do today. I know geologists who are believers and the geology they produce is still good and sound science, and says nothing as to the validity (one way or the other) of their religious beliefs.

So Drinking Beverage , about this 7 year talk. How much of this time do we get without you peeps?
I would be willing to bet that not one of your geologist friends is SO fucking stupid, as to think that the Earth is only 6000 years old. I STILL maintian, there is NOT ONE reputable Geo-chemist, Geologist in a reputable university, or Geo-physicist that is so fucking stupid, as to buy that crap.
Nicely circular.

To be a reputable scientist your work must conform to the Atheist model. We know the Atheist model is correct because all reputable scientists agree with it. We know they all agree because to be a reputable scientist your work must conform to the Atheist model. We know the Atheist model is correct because all reputable scientists agree with it.

Round and round the logic goes, where it stops any cultist already knows Smile

Check out my YouTube channel for more videos and information Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9Y...1uwXxWwQ6w
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes AtheismExposed's post
29-01-2013, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 07:04 PM by Chas.)
(29-01-2013 06:51 PM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 06:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I would be willing to bet that not one of your geologist friends is SO fucking stupid, as to think that the Earth is only 6000 years old. I STILL maintian, there is NOT ONE reputable Geo-chemist, Geologist in a reputable university, or Geo-physicist that is so fucking stupid, as to buy that crap.
Nicely circular.

To be a reputable scientist your work must conform to the Atheist model. We know the Atheist model is correct because all reputable scientists agree with it. We know they all agree because to be a reputable scientist your work must conform to the Atheist model. We know the Atheist model is correct because all reputable scientists agree with it.

You are missing (or ignoring) the one thing that makes all the difference: evidence.

Science is not atheistic by design, it seems that way because of evidence.

Someone (Matt?) has said science assumes a naturalist viewpoint; I beg to differ.
The practice of science is the execution of an algorithmic process that discovers a naturalistic, material universe.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2013, 07:15 PM
(29-01-2013 05:44 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 03:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Take a number, sweetie. Let me make this simple so maybe you can understand it. God is not killing anyone. He is taking her son, alive, directly to heaven. Her son is an innocent. She is an unbeliever and will have to live through God's Wrath. That's her choice, but her son won't. He will be in Heaven and if she never becomes a believer before Jesus returns then He will never even remember her.
there was a time when i got angry at people that think like this.. i wanted to shake them and slap them and shout "WAKE UP."
now i just feel pity. how sad it must be to live as a slave. even more sad to not understand you are a slave. and worse again to be a slave to a fantisy.
there is one thing that the religious got right..."the truth shall set you free."
its just the truth is not what you might think it is... oh and when you read this you may want to turn it around on me.. dont bother i heard it all before.
So, we can pity each other. That's great. Where is the slavery? I do anything I want. Show me the slavery.
No, it's "the knowledge of the truth shall set you free." As usual, you atheists got it wrong. That's what happens when you dont read something, you only say what you think it says.
Good, cuz I just did. Weeping
29-01-2013, 07:17 PM
(29-01-2013 06:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 10:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Who cares what the personal religious beliefs of some of the scientists around the world and through time have been? Something like >90% of the national academy is of a nonreligious affiliation, that does not mean that atheism is correct. Concluding as such is a logical fallacy, as is the appeal to authority committed by saying that the religious beliefs of some other scientists matter at all.

The list you gave includes some of the greats in science and they most certainly were believers, but the science they did was of a secular nature. They neither set out to refute nor support the notion of a god or anything supernatural. Just like scientists do today. I know geologists who are believers and the geology they produce is still good and sound science, and says nothing as to the validity (one way or the other) of their religious beliefs.

So Drinking Beverage , about this 7 year talk. How much of this time do we get without you peeps?
I would be willing to bet that not one of your geologist friends is SO fucking stupid, as to think that the Earth is only 6000 years old. I STILL maintian, there is NOT ONE reputable Geo-chemist, Geologist in a reputable university, or Geo-physicist that is so fucking stupid, as to buy that crap.
Let me take my cue from you Buckaroo, I still maintain that YOU are fucking stupid and full of crap. Tongue Damn, that felt good.
29-01-2013, 07:21 PM
(29-01-2013 07:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 06:51 PM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  Nicely circular.

You are missing (or ignoring) the one thing that makes all the difference: evidence.

Someone (Matt?) has said science assumes a naturalist viewpoint; I beg to differ.
The practice of science is the execution of an algorithmic process that discovers a naturalistic, material universe.
You are missing (or ignoring) the one thing that makes all the difference: evidence. Your opinion, nor the opinions of your so called scientists, are not evidence, simply opinion.
The practice of science is opinion, opinion, opinion. Big Grin
29-01-2013, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 07:48 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-01-2013 07:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 06:51 PM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  Nicely circular.

There is nothing circular about demanding evidence. You need to look up some definitions, and stop embarrassing yourself.
If any candidate at a major university proposed to his/her department that the Earth was actually 6000 years old, and had NOT ONE SHRED of evidence, they would would be bounced out on their ass. It's ONLY about evidence. Sorry. There is nothing "circular" about that. Fail. Oh and add those who study volcanoes, (vulcanologists). I would bet there is not one of those on the face of the Earth that maintains it is 6,000 years old.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-01-2013, 07:23 PM
(29-01-2013 07:21 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 07:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are missing (or ignoring) the one thing that makes all the difference: evidence.

You are missing (or ignoring) the one thing that makes all the difference: evidence. Your opinion, nor the opinions of your so called scientists, are not evidence, simply opinion.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
29-01-2013, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 07:32 PM by fstratzero.)
(29-01-2013 06:51 PM)AtheismExposed Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 06:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I would be willing to bet that not one of your geologist friends is SO fucking stupid, as to think that the Earth is only 6000 years old. I STILL maintian, there is NOT ONE reputable Geo-chemist, Geologist in a reputable university, or Geo-physicist that is so fucking stupid, as to buy that crap.
Nicely circular.

ERROR

What a scientist does is to determine the underlying mechanism by which things operate.

So far god has not been used as a possible mechanism for anything. In fact for god to even exist he must have his own means of operation by which he interacts with the world. Which would require a direct chain of causation.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
29-01-2013, 07:29 PM
(29-01-2013 07:21 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 07:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are missing (or ignoring) the one thing that makes all the difference: evidence.

You apparently know nothing about science or what constitutes evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-01-2013, 07:32 PM
(29-01-2013 07:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 07:21 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  You are missing (or ignoring) the one thing that makes all the difference: evidence. Your opinion, nor the opinions of your so called scientists, are not evidence, simply opinion.

You apparently know nothing about science or what constitutes evidence.
Apparently. Wink