Creation Museum...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: Creation Museum...
(29-01-2013 07:15 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:44 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  there was a time when i got angry at people that think like this.. i wanted to shake them and slap them and shout "WAKE UP."
now i just feel pity. how sad it must be to live as a slave. even more sad to not understand you are a slave. and worse again to be a slave to a fantisy.
there is one thing that the religious got right..."the truth shall set you free."
its just the truth is not what you might think it is... oh and when you read this you may want to turn it around on me.. dont bother i heard it all before.
So, we can pity each other. That's great. Where is the slavery? I do anything I want. Show me the slavery.
No, it's "the knowledge of the truth shall set you free." As usual, you atheists got it wrong. That's what happens when you dont read something, you only say what you think it says.
Good, cuz I just did. Weeping
what i mean to say is that you are a slave to a fantisy.. you know, like your mind is controlled by silly made up stories preventing you from ever seeing the world for what it is. when i called you a slave it was kind of a metaphor. you know what a metaphor is, right?
so Jesus said to the jews who had believed him, "if you abide in my word you are truly my deciples, and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.'
john 8: 31-32

it does not say knowledge of the truth shall set you free(not like there is any differance between what i, you and the bible said. any moron can see that). i did read it. i spent or wasted my childhood going to a catholic school and raised by catholic parents and had that book pushed on me every day( the way a drug dealer pushes crack).
you see i didnt see the point (nor does anyone who uses the phrase) in adding the "and you shall know the truth" part. "us atheist" (im only one atheist by the way) didnt get anything wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 01:55 AM
(29-01-2013 03:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 01:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You know what? I'm not going to waste my time with one of my usual long, well argued, and witty posts. After presuming that your imaginary friend is going to end the life of a child, and that it will somehow be the mother's fault? Nope, you don't rate that high. If you're really that callous and ignorant, I'll have to keep it a lot simpler...

Fuck you.
Take a number, sweetie. Let me make this simple so maybe you can understand it. God is not killing anyone. He is taking her son, alive, directly to heaven. Her son is an innocent. She is an unbeliever and will have to live through God's Wrath. That's her choice, but her son won't. He will be in Heaven and if she never becomes a believer before Jesus returns then He will never even remember her.

[Image: WBC-Satan-Cartoon.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
30-01-2013, 09:00 AM
(29-01-2013 06:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 10:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Who cares what the personal religious beliefs of some of the scientists around the world and through time have been? Something like >90% of the national academy is of a nonreligious affiliation, that does not mean that atheism is correct. Concluding as such is a logical fallacy, as is the appeal to authority committed by saying that the religious beliefs of some other scientists matter at all.

The list you gave includes some of the greats in science and they most certainly were believers, but the science they did was of a secular nature. They neither set out to refute nor support the notion of a god or anything supernatural. Just like scientists do today. I know geologists who are believers and the geology they produce is still good and sound science, and says nothing as to the validity (one way or the other) of their religious beliefs.

So Drinking Beverage , about this 7 year talk. How much of this time do we get without you peeps?
I would be willing to bet that not one of your geologist friends is SO fucking stupid, as to think that the Earth is only 6000 years old. I STILL maintian, there is NOT ONE reputable Geo-chemist, Geologist in a reputable university, or Geo-physicist that is so fucking stupid, as to buy that crap.

Well...yea. I don't know of any "reputable" geologists/geochemists/paleontologists who believe it either. But I do know some batshit crazy "scientists" that have legitimate credentials from reputable schools under highly acclaimed advisors (Stepehn Jay Gould among them) who do believe such nonsense and have built up a false sense of authority by researching and publishing in areas of legitimate research. Then the fundies go "Look! This guy has been peer-reviewed and he believes it." In some sense it is reasonable to say he is a "reputable" scientist in areas x, y, and z, but his opinions on dog are irrelevant, unrelated, and not science. Good luck explaining that one to the rock of a head spewing forth the issue in the first place though.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
30-01-2013, 09:01 AM
(29-01-2013 03:33 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 10:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Who cares what the personal religious beliefs of some of the scientists around the world and through time have been? Something like >90% of the national academy is of a nonreligious affiliation, that does not mean that atheism is correct. Concluding as such is a logical fallacy, as is the appeal to authority committed by saying that the religious beliefs of some other scientists matter at all.

The list you gave includes some of the greats in science and they most certainly were believers, but the science they did was of a secular nature. They neither set out to refute nor support the notion of a god or anything supernatural. Just like scientists do today. I know geologists who are believers and the geology they produce is still good and sound science, and says nothing as to the validity (one way or the other) of their religious beliefs.

So Drinking Beverage , about this 7 year talk. How much of this time do we get without you peeps?
Just what I said, 7 years. You get the whole world to yourselves.

Sounds like heaven to me for 7 years. Thumbsup

No response to any of the rest of my post?

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
30-01-2013, 11:26 AM
(29-01-2013 07:23 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 07:21 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  You are missing (or ignoring) the one thing that makes all the difference: evidence. Your opinion, nor the opinions of your so called scientists, are not evidence, simply opinion.
The practice of science is opinion, opinion, opinion. Big Grin

Huh I've noticed that when an atheist has nothing of substance to say, they put up pictures on here that have no meaning or relevance to anything. Why is that?
30-01-2013, 11:30 AM
(29-01-2013 10:32 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 07:15 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  So, we can pity each other. That's great. Where is the slavery? I do anything I want. Show me the slavery.
No, it's "the knowledge of the truth shall set you free." As usual, you atheists got it wrong. That's what happens when you dont read something, you only say what you think it says.
Good, cuz I just did. Weeping
what i mean to say is that you are a slave to a fantisy.. you know, like your mind is controlled by silly made up stories preventing you from ever seeing the world for what it is. when i called you a slave it was kind of a metaphor. you know what a metaphor is, right?
so Jesus said to the jews who had believed him, "if you abide in my word you are truly my deciples, and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.'
john 8: 31-32

it does not say knowledge of the truth shall set you free(not like there is any differance between what i, you and the bible said. any moron can see that). i did read it. i spent or wasted my childhood going to a catholic school and raised by catholic parents and had that book pushed on me every day( the way a drug dealer pushes crack).
you see i didnt see the point (nor does anyone who uses the phrase) in adding the "and you shall know the truth" part. "us atheist" (im only one atheist by the way) didnt get anything wrong.
Smartass Good for you Sparky, but you really need to go back to school and re-take spelling because yours is atrocious. I mean, I can see a person misspelling a word or two now and then, or typs, but, wow, so many?
30-01-2013, 11:30 AM
(30-01-2013 11:26 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 07:23 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  

Huh I've noticed that when an atheist has nothing of substance to say, they put up pictures on here that have no meaning or relevance to anything. Why is that?
Because it's more clever than calling people "petunia" or saying "nya nya nya" or any of the other dismissive dodges you employ to avoid actually discussing anything.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
30-01-2013, 11:33 AM
(30-01-2013 01:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 03:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Take a number, sweetie. Let me make this simple so maybe you can understand it. God is not killing anyone. He is taking her son, alive, directly to heaven. Her son is an innocent. She is an unbeliever and will have to live through God's Wrath. That's her choice, but her son won't. He will be in Heaven and if she never becomes a believer before Jesus returns then He will never even remember her.

[Image: WBC-Satan-Cartoon.jpg]
See kiddies, THIS is what I was talking about. The atheist has nothing of substance to add so he goes to the atheist archives, digs out what he thinks is a funny cartoon and posts it like it has any relevance to what is being discussed. DUDE, if you cant say something relevant then just sit back, relax and read some more posts. Drinking Beverage
30-01-2013, 11:38 AM
(30-01-2013 09:01 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 03:33 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Just what I said, 7 years. You get the whole world to yourselves.

Sounds like heaven to me for 7 years. Thumbsup

No response to any of the rest of my post?
If you call heaven terrible wars, famine, disease, complete moral decay, natural catastorphies and world dictatorship Heaven then I guess you're right. Huh
I'm not going back to re-read it but if I ignored it it must not have been worth responding to. Oh yeah, lol, if ya dont like that then lump it, as we said when I was a kid. (Always gotta respond to an atheist in an immature manner cuz that's what they understand best. Tongue )
30-01-2013, 11:39 AM
(30-01-2013 11:30 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 11:26 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Huh I've noticed that when an atheist has nothing of substance to say, they put up pictures on here that have no meaning or relevance to anything. Why is that?
Because it's more clever than calling people "petunia" or saying "nya nya nya" or any of the other dismissive dodges you employ to avoid actually discussing anything.
There ya go with your opinion again. Poopy butt. Wink