Creation Museum...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2012, 01:18 PM
RE: Creation Museum...
(02-11-2012 12:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I feel a little better, but I still want to genetically modify a clutch of chickens to look like raptors and set them free on the "museum."
If you're gonna do that, make them crocoducks. Big ones. The size of Nile crocodiles.

I'd love to see Kirk and Ray explain how their favorite transitional species destroyed their favorite bullshit museum. Kill two birds (no pun intended) with one stone.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
02-11-2012, 01:21 PM
(02-11-2012 01:09 PM)Seek_Kolinahr Wrote:  You've just given me a great idea!

In a couple of years, I'm going to take my son there. It will be a fantastic way to demonstrate how utterly wrong Creationism is, and reinforce the reasons why we don't proclaim answers BEFORE we ask the questions.

It will have to wait a little while, though. He's 4. I'm jumping up and down waiting for him to turn 5 so we can join the Museum of Science and Industry's Astronomy Club, and attend the telescope viewing party once a month.
That's awesome! My kids are teenagers, full-on skeptics and atheists, so my teaching is done (at least at home), so I wholeheartedly applaud using their stupidity as an object lesson in how not to do science.

Maybe we could arrange "Counter-Stupidity" tours, have someone like Seth (or other popular volunteers) take a bunch of non-gullible tourists through this stupid museum, all the while explaining (loudly and clearly) how and why their BS is all BS and what the real answers are. Maybe run one every weekend.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
02-11-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm particularly unnerved about the fact that there are US politicians that endorse this sad excuse of an establishment as a valid institution of knowledge.

Now for a humorous insight into the antics of creationist infighting. The Creation Museum is a more pompous, grandiose version of the same bullshit being espoused by the Creation Evidence Museum in Texas. Here is what Ken Ham had to say on that establishment:

"According to leading creationist researchers, this evidence is open to much debate and needs much more intensive research. One wonders how much of the information in the program can really be trusted!"

The Creation Evidence Museum was apparently attacked on similar grounds by other creationists, because they seem to be under the deluded impression that creationism has a standard against which to assess evidence, and that creationism has valid professional researchers judging that criteria. Can't help but laugh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_Evidence_Museum

[Image: giphy.gif]
16-11-2012, 03:29 PM
one of the many drone programming facilities >,..,<
23-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I want to buy a HUGE stretch of land within walking distance and put up a children's science center complete with interactive exhibits and summer camps and weekend enrichment events. Now to win the lottery...
[+] 1 user Likes ScienceGeek2587's post
25-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Pushing this stuff as science is utterly disgraceful. You would think that most people would work it out but thanks to the power of indoctrination I know adults who are otherwise intelligent who buy into it. It absolutely defies belief. It's due to crossing the line like this that I take a stand when moderates say "You should respect everyone's beliefs". Organisations that push demonstrably false beliefs that have long since been debunked to serve their own interests deserve nothing less than contempt, and that's exactly what I give them. Contempt and ridicule.

"Nothing Great is Easy" - Des Renford (English Channel Swimmer)
27-12-2012, 12:39 PM
there were dinosaurs that were 30 meters long that would fill up that boat very fast XD

08-01-2013, 04:05 AM
(02-11-2012 01:09 PM)Seek_Kolinahr Wrote:  You've just given me a great idea!

In a couple of years, I'm going to take my son there. It will be a fantastic way to demonstrate how utterly wrong Creationism is, and reinforce the reasons why we don't proclaim answers BEFORE we ask the questions.

It will have to wait a little while, though. He's 4. I'm jumping up and down waiting for him to turn 5 so we can join the Museum of Science and Industry's Astronomy Club, and attend the telescope viewing party once a month.

You madam, are made of pure WIN!

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
08-01-2013, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 06:50 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(27-12-2012 12:39 PM)dj-hato Wrote:  there were dinosaurs that were 30 meters long that would fill up that boat very fast XD

[Image: noahs-ark.jpeg]

Also, what happened to the unicorns?

[Image: tumblr_ll3ts6Kzzk1qdldoro1_500.gif]

Then again, maybe we're better off not knowing that one... Big Grin

:Edited to Fix Image:

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
28-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Laughat
This is hilarious and exactly why I say that if Jesus were to come back today as a man you atheists wouldnt accept Him even if you stood in front of Him and saw the same miracles He performed 2000 years ago. You'd just say he's an illusionist. You ask why He doesnt come back? This is why. If a Christian handed you a rock and said "This is a rock" you'd laugh and call him a fool. It is impossible for an atheist to believe in God no matter what.
Jesus will return to earth in all His glory in around 7 years and any atheists that are here will actually curse Him and try to fight Him. Lol, fat chance. He's going to destroy your armies with one word from His mouth and zap the rest of you unbelievers right off the earth. I get to watch, thank you Jesus.
Like I say, you atheists have given your souls over to Satan and it is impossible for you to believe in Jesus because God is helping you to believe your lies. He knows you will never believe so He let's you believe whatever crap you want to.
You've got about 7 years left and you are going to see what God thinks of you. If you think the earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, snowstorms, droughts, floods, famines, diseases, etc. have been getting worse (blame global warming, lol) you aint seen nothing yet. After God removes all the Christians and all the children around the world, He's gonna take out His wrath on this unbelieving world. You're so stupid that you that are reading this will see it and still not believe but you've slapped God in the face for 6000 years and now He's coming back and, boy, is He pissed. You just stay cocky and arrogant and laugh all you want but you'll be laughing out the other side of your mouth when the shit hits the fan. It's going to start as soon as the Christians disappear and each month, each year, its gonna get worse, including wars, until Jesus comes back in person, in the skies, to save the world from total annihilation.