Creation Museum...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 10:52 AM
RE: Creation Museum...
Who cares what the personal religious beliefs of some of the scientists around the world and through time have been? Something like >90% of the national academy is of a nonreligious affiliation, that does not mean that atheism is correct. Concluding as such is a logical fallacy, as is the appeal to authority committed by saying that the religious beliefs of some other scientists matter at all.

The list you gave includes some of the greats in science and they most certainly were believers, but the science they did was of a secular nature. They neither set out to refute nor support the notion of a god or anything supernatural. Just like scientists do today. I know geologists who are believers and the geology they produce is still good and sound science, and says nothing as to the validity (one way or the other) of their religious beliefs.

So Drinking Beverage , about this 7 year talk. How much of this time do we get without you peeps?

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
29-01-2013, 01:08 PM
(28-01-2013 02:20 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 04:05 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You madam, are made of pure WIN!

You're never going to take your son there because you are going to lose him in about a year. Jesus is going to take him from you. Dont worry tho cuz he will be fine and in Heaven and he will never remember you. He will live a glorius life for eternity and you will be nothing to him. Sorry to be so cruel but it's a fact and you'll see it in about a year or less. Too bad.

You know what? I'm not going to waste my time with one of my usual long, well argued, and witty posts. After presuming that your imaginary friend is going to end the life of a child, and that it will somehow be the mother's fault? Nope, you don't rate that high. If you're really that callous and ignorant, I'll have to keep it a lot simpler...

Fuck you.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-01-2013, 03:31 PM
(29-01-2013 01:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 02:20 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  You're never going to take your son there because you are going to lose him in about a year. Jesus is going to take him from you. Dont worry tho cuz he will be fine and in Heaven and he will never remember you. He will live a glorius life for eternity and you will be nothing to him. Sorry to be so cruel but it's a fact and you'll see it in about a year or less. Too bad.

You know what? I'm not going to waste my time with one of my usual long, well argued, and witty posts. After presuming that your imaginary friend is going to end the life of a child, and that it will somehow be the mother's fault? Nope, you don't rate that high. If you're really that callous and ignorant, I'll have to keep it a lot simpler...

Fuck you.
Take a number, sweetie. Let me make this simple so maybe you can understand it. God is not killing anyone. He is taking her son, alive, directly to heaven. Her son is an innocent. She is an unbeliever and will have to live through God's Wrath. That's her choice, but her son won't. He will be in Heaven and if she never becomes a believer before Jesus returns then He will never even remember her.
29-01-2013, 03:33 PM
(29-01-2013 10:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Who cares what the personal religious beliefs of some of the scientists around the world and through time have been? Something like >90% of the national academy is of a nonreligious affiliation, that does not mean that atheism is correct. Concluding as such is a logical fallacy, as is the appeal to authority committed by saying that the religious beliefs of some other scientists matter at all.

The list you gave includes some of the greats in science and they most certainly were believers, but the science they did was of a secular nature. They neither set out to refute nor support the notion of a god or anything supernatural. Just like scientists do today. I know geologists who are believers and the geology they produce is still good and sound science, and says nothing as to the validity (one way or the other) of their religious beliefs.

So Drinking Beverage , about this 7 year talk. How much of this time do we get without you peeps?
Just what I said, 7 years. You get the whole world to yourselves.
29-01-2013, 03:35 PM
(29-01-2013 03:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 01:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You know what? I'm not going to waste my time with one of my usual long, well argued, and witty posts. After presuming that your imaginary friend is going to end the life of a child, and that it will somehow be the mother's fault? Nope, you don't rate that high. If you're really that callous and ignorant, I'll have to keep it a lot simpler...

Fuck you.
Take a number, sweetie. Let me make this simple so maybe you can understand it. God is not killing anyone. He is taking her son, alive, directly to heaven. Her son is an innocent. She is an unbeliever and will have to live through God's Wrath. That's her choice, but her son won't. He will be in Heaven and if she never becomes a believer before Jesus returns then He will never even remember her.

Let me make this simple so maybe you can understand it.
You believe this fairy tale without any evidence whatsoever.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Let's make it even easier:

Put up or shut up.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
29-01-2013, 04:30 PM
(29-01-2013 03:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 03:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Take a number, sweetie. Let me make this simple so maybe you can understand it. God is not killing anyone. He is taking her son, alive, directly to heaven. Her son is an innocent. She is an unbeliever and will have to live through God's Wrath. That's her choice, but her son won't. He will be in Heaven and if she never becomes a believer before Jesus returns then He will never even remember her.

Let me make this simple so maybe you can understand it.
You believe this fairy tale without any evidence whatsoever.
If you say it then it must be true.
29-01-2013, 04:31 PM
(29-01-2013 04:00 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Let's make it even easier:

Put up or shut up.
*zips lip*
29-01-2013, 05:44 PM
(29-01-2013 03:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 01:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You know what? I'm not going to waste my time with one of my usual long, well argued, and witty posts. After presuming that your imaginary friend is going to end the life of a child, and that it will somehow be the mother's fault? Nope, you don't rate that high. If you're really that callous and ignorant, I'll have to keep it a lot simpler...

Fuck you.
there was a time when i got angry at people that think like this.. i wanted to shake them and slap them and shout "WAKE UP."
now i just feel pity. how sad it must be to live as a slave. even more sad to not understand you are a slave. and worse again to be a slave to a fantisy.
there is one thing that the religious got right..."the truth shall set you free."
its just the truth is not what you might think it is... oh and when you read this you may want to turn it around on me.. dont bother i heard it all before.
29-01-2013, 06:07 PM
(29-01-2013 10:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Who cares what the personal religious beliefs of some of the scientists around the world and through time have been? Something like >90% of the national academy is of a nonreligious affiliation, that does not mean that atheism is correct. Concluding as such is a logical fallacy, as is the appeal to authority committed by saying that the religious beliefs of some other scientists matter at all.

I would be willing to bet that not one of your geologist friends is SO fucking stupid, as to think that the Earth is only 6000 years old. I STILL maintian, there is NOT ONE reputable Geo-chemist, Geologist in a reputable university, or Geo-physicist that is so fucking stupid, as to buy that crap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin