Poll: Which religion's creation story is the craziest?
Scientology
Mormonism
Christianity
Islam
Hinduism
Judaism
other
[Show Results]

Creation Myth types

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Creation Myth types
(09-08-2015 11:35 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Slavic creation myth is kinda interesting.

Ah one of the "earth-diver" types under the world egg philosophical views. That is an interesting read, thanks for sharing. Thumbsup

"the only existing thing created by Rod was World-egg in which rested Svarog, the divine creator. Under the influence of life forces, the egg is cracked open and create a light that shone Svarog and created its shadow, from which it originated Crnobog. Vodan, god of the sea and the water came from the glare of Svarogos old-sea."

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 11:53 AM
I like -- "The planet had been found fully-formed in the navel of a giant earwig at four-thirty one Vroonday afternoon" Douglas Adams

It explains so much.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Quote:Isn’t mythology fun?

Ultimately, the Pima story is no stupider than the bible bullshit story.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
09-08-2015, 12:48 PM
(09-08-2015 12:17 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:Isn’t mythology fun?

Ultimately, the Pima story is no stupider than the bible bullshit story.

Exactly my point. I have long said I find them all equally ludicrous...well, Scientology does take it up a notch on the crazy scale, but yeah, all BS

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
09-08-2015, 01:02 PM
(09-08-2015 11:43 AM)julep Wrote:  The Mormon and Scientology stories are a dead heat for me. They're similar also in that the first storytellers were such shady characters.

Totally with you on that... I hesitated for a reeeally long time, trying to decide between them for my vote. Finally went with Scientology because, while we know that Smith was one of the most-impressively-convicted con men in history (prior to Madoff), Hubbard straight-up said he was going to invent a religion, then went out and did it, and people believe in it anyway.

You have to admit, that's just plain amazing. Hats off to you, sir!

I wonder if they give Charlatan of the Year™ awards, akin to Salesperson of the Year™ at car dealerships?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
09-08-2015, 01:09 PM
(09-08-2015 01:02 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 11:43 AM)julep Wrote:  The Mormon and Scientology stories are a dead heat for me. They're similar also in that the first storytellers were such shady characters.

Totally with you on that... I hesitated for a reeeally long time, trying to decide between them for my vote. Finally went with Scientology because, while we know that Smith was one of the most-impressively-convicted con men in history (prior to Madoff), Hubbard straight-up said he was going to invent a religion, then went out and did it, and people believe in it anyway.

You have to admit, that's just plain amazing. Hats off to you, sir!

I wonder if they give Charlatan of the Year™ awards, akin to Salesperson of the Year™ at car dealerships?

That is the amazing thing isn't it?

Response to a question from the audience during a meeting of the Eastern Science Fiction Association on (7 November 1948), as quoted in a 1994 affidavit by Sam Moskowitz.

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion".

He said it, he did it, and they fell for it. Laughat

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post