Creation Science Hall of Fame

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Creation Science Hall of Fame
New here, saw this, and was dieing to post about it somewhere and perhaps get Seth's take on this if possible, heh, as well as other fellow atheists.

It came to my attention via my grandmother that there is to be another Creationist-based center in Kentucky called the Creation Science Hall of Fame, which currently, only has a website located here: Creation Science Hall of Fame which I found via this article when googling: =USA Today Article

Some of the names are suspect, to me, as a few they list as inductees were seen as heretics who held not literal, but personal or loose interpretations of the Bible and it's meaning, such as Sir Isaac Newton and Leonardo da Vinci.

They also make the already disputed claim of some, to them, large number of scientists who're skeptical of Darwin's Theory of Evolution. The whole, 3,000 scientists out of some 7 million scientists in the US claim. Not even pocket change.

So was wondering everyone's, including Seth's, thoughts on this website and their future plans to put up an actual building for this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2012, 12:50 AM
RE: Creation Science Hall of Fame
That, you see, is a desperate dying breath of irrationality, wildly grasping scientists into their side. Kind of pathetic and sad, really.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
02-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Indeed. I wonder if, those who they list amongst their inductees who have long since passed, would take kindly to such an auspicious honor, heh.
03-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Here's an analysis of what I think is an earlier version of this list by the Discovery Institute:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
19-09-2012, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 05:19 PM by Ozzie.)
Of course Sir Issac Newton was a creationist. He died over 120 years before Darwin proposed the Theory of Evolution. He lived at a time where science and religion were so intertwined that doctors prescribed prayer along with medicine, and believed that cutting your patient up and making him bleed out was a genuine medical cure for most illnesses.

But had Issac Newton been alive today, I doubt very much that he would have ignored all the scientific evidence of the past 150 years that shows how the stars and galaxies were created, or how organisms evolve through subtle genetic variances that help some of them better survive and reproduce in their environment.
19-09-2012, 05:27 PM
(31-08-2012 08:41 PM)JerichoStar Wrote:  New here, saw this, and was dieing to post about it somewhere and perhaps get Seth's take on this if possible, heh, as well as other fellow atheists.

It came to my attention via my grandmother that there is to be another Creationist-based center in Kentucky called the Creation Science Hall of Fame, which currently, only has a website located here: Creation Science Hall of Fame which I found via this article when googling: =USA Today Article

Some of the names are suspect, to me, as a few they list as inductees were seen as heretics who held not literal, but personal or loose interpretations of the Bible and it's meaning, such as Sir Isaac Newton and Leonardo da Vinci.

They also make the already disputed claim of some, to them, large number of scientists who're skeptical of Darwin's Theory of Evolution. The whole, 3,000 scientists out of some 7 million scientists in the US claim. Not even pocket change.

So was wondering everyone's, including Seth's, thoughts on this website and their future plans to put up an actual building for this.

Seth doesn't usually post on the threads, of the forums, (actually it's "fora", to be correct, but ... meh). See earmuffs thread about Ray Comfort .. if you can or want to take one of the topics in an anti-Creationism post/thread, let me know.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

20-09-2012, 05:34 AM
Bucky, "fora"? Does this mean that a plural of "forum" is "fora"? That is north Croatian word for a joke...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-09-2012, 06:24 AM
(20-09-2012 05:34 AM)Filox Wrote:  Bucky, "fora"? Does this mean that a plural of "forum" is "fora"? That is north Croatian word for a joke...

Big Grin

In Latin, the plural of forum is fora. Like maximum/maxima, minimum/minima, bellum/bella, etc.

Third declension, neuter.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-09-2012, 12:13 PM
This sparked an idea
Could TTA develop a section called:

"Creation Science Hall of Shame"

Would contain the stupid creationist comments with their pics.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
26-09-2012, 05:10 AM
I saw one the other day on you tube!
This “doctor” was babbling on about how after the flood there was less O2 and all the dinosaurs died when their noses combusted…
I can’t search you tube at work but if some one wants to have a hunt?

I’ll have a look when I’m home if I remember after my shift.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche