Creation and evolution doesn't contradict each other?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Creation and evolution doesn't contradict each other?
Well, as you know (or not?) Judeaism isn't a missionary religion, at least not for the outside. Religious Jewish does try to sell the religion to the secular Jewish, so they come back in Teshuva.

Anyway, the main secular's claiming is that creation couldn't have been happen, because of the evolution- and, logicaly, they trust scientific theory more then a story in an old book.
The religious had came up with a new theory to serve their purpose- creation and evolution doesn't contradict each other, they complete each other. Evolution is just the way god created the world. God created the world by having random chimical changings in the cells of the creatures.

What do you have to say about it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2010, 01:04 PM
RE: Creation and evolution doesn't contradict each other?
I hear this argument often, mostly from moderate theists. Mostly, I see it as a way for theists that are somewhat capable of rational thought to explain what they see as obviously true; evolution. "Of course evolution is real, thats how God works!" Basically they are saying, "I can't turn a blind eye to the obvious, and yet I want to continue believing in my pleasant fantasy of a loving God and life after death. Therefore, I'll credit God with evolution."

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
04-07-2010, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2010 10:51 AM by Kikko.)
RE: Creation and evolution doesn't contradict each other?
hah, dont you know that the evidence of evolution was planted by the flying spaghetti monster to test the faith of the pastafarians and every time the age of an artifact is measured He is there chanching the results with His Noodly Appendage.

not really

so, they are saying:''i dont believe that god was right about how he created the world, or maybe his word was later modified by satan and god was too busy on playing with his new world to chanche it back and maybe kill satan to make the world a better place for the ones he loves.''
the only possible solution...at least theyre questioning the word of god, thats a start already.

edit: by the way, i just came from the local library with the books the god delusion, the greatest show on earth and river out of eden (the english names). i didnt want my father to notice them but he did, and now he wants to also read them ''so we could finally argue with the same knowledge, because i believe in the story of creation.''
im not happy about this, i fear that he'll lose his faith and become even more debressed than he already is as he might lose his christian friends:F hes had a hard life +he almost drank himself to death

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user