Creation billboard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Creation billboard
So I was driving through the neighborhood where I grew up to visit some friends and came across this billboard. Usually I wouldn't have thought twice about a religious billboard but this one was clearly anti evolution and not just promoting religion. I saw in a news report that whoever put this one up also put one up in a town close by that has a huge gay community and the billboard is receiving a lot of backlash. Maybe some of you might have this billboard in your towns. Here's a local news article on it - http://www.towleroad.com/2016/01/anti-ga...ayborhood/
It is common for creationists to attack evolution but never have I seen this out in public where I live. I hope this isn't one of many attacks to come.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: Creation billboard
I was thinking today, the term "created" is not accurate and betrays the bible's ignorance. Galaxies, stars and planets are currently being created in nebula as we sit here and post. The universe is CREATING and to say it WAS created implies that it is static and a finished product.

The very word created betrays biblical ignorance.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
22-01-2016, 04:27 PM
(22-01-2016 03:53 PM)OceanTherapist Wrote:  So I was driving through the neighborhood where I grew up to visit some friends and came across this billboard. Usually I wouldn't have thought twice about a religious billboard but this one was clearly anti evolution and not just promoting religion. I saw in a news report that whoever put this one up also put one up in a town close by that has a huge gay community and the billboard is receiving a lot of backlash. Maybe some of you might have this billboard in your towns. Here's a local news article on it - http://www.towleroad.com/2016/01/anti-ga...ayborhood/
It is common for creationists to attack evolution but never have I seen this out in public where I live. I hope this isn't one of many attacks to come.

They're pumping money into the economy by purchasing billboard space. Just ignore them and enjoy the benefit of the sales tax they're generating. Smile
22-01-2016, 07:25 PM
(22-01-2016 04:27 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 03:53 PM)OceanTherapist Wrote:  So I was driving through the neighborhood where I grew up to visit some friends and came across this billboard. Usually I wouldn't have thought twice about a religious billboard but this one was clearly anti evolution and not just promoting religion. I saw in a news report that whoever put this one up also put one up in a town close by that has a huge gay community and the billboard is receiving a lot of backlash. Maybe some of you might have this billboard in your towns. Here's a local news article on it - http://www.towleroad.com/2016/01/anti-ga...ayborhood/

They're pumping money into the economy by purchasing billboard space. Just ignore them and enjoy the benefit of the sales tax they're generating. Smile

They could have done a lot better with their money than waste it on billboards.
22-01-2016, 07:32 PM
I always wondered who created the ellipses

Google would have you believe it was the ancient Greeks, boy are they wrong.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
22-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Yep, we have one here in the Tampa Bay area on US 19, it's been there for a few months. I get a kick out of it, but it does burn my toast a bit.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Missouri has several from that organization, including that one, on I-70 just west of St. Louis.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
22-01-2016, 08:34 PM

In the beginning, gawd created an 877 number? Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-01-2016, 09:32 PM
It's their fear showing... like sweat on their brow.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
22-01-2016, 10:18 PM
If it were true, they wouldn't need to advertise.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post