Creation contrdictions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Creation contrdictions
So I showed a theist the contradiction of the trees in gen and he said this.

in the original Greek, Genesis can be interpreted "had formed" which would just be referencing genesis chapter 1

Thoughts?

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2013, 09:35 AM
RE: Creation contrdictions
Sorry but I don't know what verse your referring to. Could you please elaborate.

If this person really did say that they used Greek then they don't know what they're talking about. The OT was originally written in Hebrew not Greek so if you wanted to know what the verse actually said you would use Hebrew.

Just an outsider looking inn.
Find all posts by this user
23-04-2013, 09:38 AM
(22-04-2013 11:31 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  So I showed a theist the contradiction of the trees in gen and he said this.

in the original Greek, Genesis can be interpreted "had formed" which would just be referencing genesis chapter 1

Thoughts?

Do what?

Which verses?

And, Genesis was written in Hebrew.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
23-04-2013, 09:49 AM
(22-04-2013 11:31 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  Thoughts?

My thoughts are that even if the authors of the bible did happen to guess correctly once in a while, it wouldn't change the fact that the book belongs in the fiction section of the library.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
23-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Genesis 1:11-12 and 1:26-27 Trees came before Adam.
Genesis 2:4-9 Trees came after Adam.

[+] 1 user Likes ChuckTesta's post
23-04-2013, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2013 10:29 AM by kingschosen.)
(22-04-2013 11:31 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  So I showed a theist the contradiction of the trees in gen and he said this.

Thoughts?

Genesis 2 is written in pluperfect tense, but that doesn't solve the mystery of the plants. Yes, it's written in pluperfect tense, but it's also written in chronological order.

The pluperfect tense only says that God had created and done these things in the past. It does not solve the conundrum of it blatantly saying that there were no plants before man and that God caused plants to sprout after man.

All of this is written in pluperfect tense... not just the parts about the plants; thus, eliminating your theist's argument.

23-04-2013, 10:29 AM
(23-04-2013 10:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Thoughts?

Genesis is written in pluperfect tense, but that doesn't solve the mystery of the plants. Yes, it's written in pluperfect tense, but it's also written in chronological order.

The pluperfect tense only says that God had created and done these things in the past. It does not solve the conundrum of it blatantly saying that there were no plants before man and that God caused plants to sprout after man.

All of this is written in pluperfect tense... not just the parts about the plants; thus, eliminating your theist's argument.

Thanks! Hey I was just wondering for some reason I keep thinking you are a theist idk why can you clear that up for me?

[+] 1 user Likes ChuckTesta's post
23-04-2013, 10:33 AM
(23-04-2013 10:29 AM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 10:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Genesis is written in pluperfect tense, but that doesn't solve the mystery of the plants. Yes, it's written in pluperfect tense, but it's also written in chronological order.

Thanks! Hey I was just wondering for some reason I keep thinking you are a theist idk why can you clear that up for me?

KC is a theist. He is a calvinist to be exact. Or at least that what he claims now he did just quit his church and has not found a new asylum yet so he may be making his first tiny steps to putting away childish things.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-04-2013, 10:41 AM
(23-04-2013 10:33 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 10:29 AM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  Thanks! Hey I was just wondering for some reason I keep thinking you are a theist idk why can you clear that up for me?

KC is a theist. He is a calvinist to be exact. Or at least that what he claims now he did just quit his church and has not found a new asylum yet so he may be making his first tiny steps to putting away childish things.

Ah I see ty

23-04-2013, 10:44 AM
(23-04-2013 10:29 AM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 10:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Genesis is written in pluperfect tense, but that doesn't solve the mystery of the plants. Yes, it's written in pluperfect tense, but it's also written in chronological order.

I am a theist - a Christian - Calvinist.

I just often see Genesis literalists and YECs do the craziest mental gymnastics and stunts to reconcile their beliefs.

The only way to reconcile Genesis is to not take it literally and as scientific fact.

There are too many things against it... even theologically speaking... there is more against it theologically than most other Biblical controversies.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post