Creation scientists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2013 12:38 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: Creation scientists
(30-01-2013 12:21 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Plastic Surgeon
Psychologist
Agricultural Scientist
Eye Disease Researcher
Electrical Engineering

Nice geologists. Which is what he asked you to find, not every creationist with a degree.
According to my CTRL F search, there are 5 geologists in that list, Phaedrus.

That's a lotta cognitive dissonance.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2013 02:29 AM by Drunkin Druid.)
when i was a kid i was taught evolution in school although it wasnt covered very thoroughly.it was a catholic school. i didnt much care about it at the time but it made sence to me and i accepted it. soon my father told me it wasnt true and so i had to research it to find out for myself. in time i became convinced beyond doubt it was true and concluded that my father just wasnt educated and any education he got was a long time ago when people knew fuck all. of course he wasnt much educated, he has grade 4. time went on an i assumed that people that didnt accept evolution were simply uneducated or old like my father. i assumed this for many years as the people i met who denied evolution were time and time again uneducated and old. any educated people i discussed religion with never brought up evolution. we debated gods existance but never evolution. so no doubt i thought educated people, faithful or not, accepted evolution.
one day i heard a story that some Americans wanted to teach creationism in schools. whats that i asked. you might imagine i was floored by the answer. no, that must be a joke or a hoax.. i soon learned that it wasnt only uneducated old people but people of all kinds that didnt accept evolution... i was confused by how so many could look at the overwhelming evidence a deny it. soon i learned that they werent looking at the evidence, they were closing their eyes and plugging their ears. they were educated(and not all old) but they were scientificaly illerterate or uneducated in biology at least. now there is DNA evidence and they still deny. what the hell is going on down there in the US? some of you may not recognize the bigger problem here. if your country continues down the anti-science, anti-intellectual path you are doomed. the rest of the world will surpass you. your economy will suffer greater than it has in the past little while(science is the greatest driver of economies) and as a result you will loos your strenght both military and social.
when this happens the idiots that cant understand a simple concept like cause and effect will blame it on godlessness or homosexuality. keep up the good fight Yanks and dont let these fundaMENTALists morons destroy your awesome nation.

PS. i showed my father the evidence just a few years back and wouldnt allow him to ignore it nor could he ignore me as im no longer a child. i witnessed the the light come on and the spark in his eye and was happy to hear the words "i understand." he still believes in god and thats all good but he is no longer a creationist. he even argues with creationists now and again.. if i can change the mind of a stubborn 70 year old man then there is hope.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
30-01-2013, 05:09 PM
There is a much longer list of real scientists that are Christians and don't believe in a literal creation account.

What do you say to that?

Also, posting anything from AiG is like posting from a children's coloring book.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 11 users Like kingschosen's post
30-01-2013, 11:29 PM
(30-01-2013 05:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  There is a much longer list of real scientists that are Christians and don't believe in a literal creation account.

What do you say to that?

Also, posting anything from AiG is like posting from a children's coloring book.

Hey! I'll have you know, I have seen some excellent colouring book art in my time, as I am sure you have too.

Beautiful artwork without a single doubt, always in the lines, with such vibrant colours...

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
01-02-2013, 07:29 PM
it just struck me that you called the term "thinking atheist" an oxymoron and then you start a thread called creation scientists.. lol
[+] 6 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
04-02-2014, 06:34 PM
I would give you a list of scientist that think religon is false but i think it would take 50 pages to do it.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] Capoeira status:NO CORD