Creation ( the movie )

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Creation ( the movie )
I caught about 90% of this movie this past weekend on TV. Im guessing a lot of you guys have probably seen it being that it is about Darwin. I really liked the movie, but am wondering how much of it is based on fact. I haven't read a lot about Darwin's life. Thought his moral struggles in the movie were interesting. Also, wondered about how much importance he really put into hydrotherapy?! Seems odd that such a brilliant man would think taking cold showers would be so effective.

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2011, 12:02 PM
RE: Creation ( the movie )
I haven't seen that movie, going to have check it out. I love reading and learning about Darwin's life. As far as the hydrotherapy thing goes keep this in mind: Issac Newton was also an alchemist, this is because at the time there existed no evidence that contradicted it. It is the same with Darwin or any other scientist of their time. No evidence to the contrary but it seemed to help = good enough reason to do it. There is a lot about Darwin's life that is very fascinating. I am currently reading a book called Darwin's Armada. It is about Darwin, Hooker, Wallace and Huxley. It chronicles the voyages to the southern seas that each of them took independently and the influences they all had on one another. There is some great info on all of them in it.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
25-07-2011, 12:13 PM
The movie definitely brought about a new found interest in his life. I have been looking around the internet trying to find a book - it seems there are A LOT to choose from Smile

25-07-2011, 12:15 PM
I am sure there are. I like this one so far because it deals with aspects about Darwin's life as well as those of his closest cohorts. It is has some really interesting facts that help lay out the influences and challenges set before all of them.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
26-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I taught this movie is supposed to be about Creation from Creationist point of view. Thank Chuck Norris it is not! I think I have it mixed up with something we talked about couple of months ago, something awful about the Creation and ID... Hate to see that.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
26-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Nope this one is from 2009 and it stars Paul Bettany as Darwin and Jennifer Connelly as Emma

THis is the Story-line from IMDB.

Quote:What happens when a world-renowned scientist, crushed by the loss of his eldest daughter, formulates a theory in conflict with religious dogma? This is the story of Charles Darwin and his master-work "The Origin of Species". It tells of a global revolution played out the confines of a small English village; a passionate marriage torn apart by the most dangerous idea in history; and a theory saved from extinction by the logic of a child.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Favourite movie in Black and white? anotherother 67 2,661 06-07-2014 02:19 AM
Last Post: Audaz
  Do you love bad movie schlock? Then I have the YouTube series for you! EvolutionKills 0 53 09-06-2014 09:12 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  How do I watch the Unbelievers Movie online? Aman Amiri 10 44,977 27-05-2014 11:56 PM
Last Post: AstroCAR
  FOOD FIGHT IS THE WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Metazoa Zeke 20 355 08-05-2014 08:57 PM
Last Post: CleverUsername
  "Heaven is for Real" Movie QUELSQUELS 9 307 03-04-2014 10:46 PM
Last Post: LadyJane
  Teesside Tin Tin... The Movie Sam 0 75 29-03-2014 02:05 PM
Last Post: Sam
  What Is The Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen? southernbelle 36 487 24-03-2014 03:35 AM
Last Post: MegaHentai