Creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Creationism
I am sorry I almost put mentally insane ideas but again this is another documentary I hope people will be interested in and this one is separated into parts so people can tackle it one at a time.

Also, as I usually warn before, be warned by the insane lack of unintelligence.

You have been warned.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
02-06-2012, 12:27 PM
RE: Creationism
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I CANT TAKE IT!!! *SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK*

I know I was warned, but seriously, what absolute dumasses those people are.
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post
02-06-2012, 01:58 PM
When I joined this board I had been warned that American atheists were pretty tough...

If this is the shit you have to put up with over there I COMPLETELY understand why.
[+] 1 user Likes Gaest's post
02-06-2012, 02:09 PM
These Americans r amazing...
I am glad this shit is highly impossible to occur in Taiwan's education. Though it doesnt mean we have a better education system than America.
Taiwanese generally consider religions as ethic matter not scientifc one.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Oscar Wilde
02-06-2012, 02:11 PM
(02-06-2012 01:58 PM)Gaest Wrote:  When I joined this board I had been warned that American atheists were pretty tough...

If this is the shit you have to put up with over there I COMPLETELY understand why.

And would you mind explaining your understanding ?
I am a Taiwanese.

- Oscar Wilde
02-06-2012, 02:30 PM
(02-06-2012 02:11 PM)Jedah Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 01:58 PM)Gaest Wrote:  When I joined this board I had been warned that American atheists were pretty tough...

And would you mind explaining your understanding ?
I am a Taiwanese.
I assume you mean my understanding of why American atheists are tough?

When I see this type of perversion of science, to completely further a religious agenda, it actually makes me annoyed to the point of anger.
We do not have this kind of problem in Denmark since religion is considered a private matter. It is considered weird or even rude to ask a stranger which religious believes he has, what church he goes to and so on... Normally you have to be drunk, or have a certain relationship to ask about it, and let alone discuss it.

We have few strongly religious people compared to the US and even fewer outspoken religious people... And fewer who try to apply science to their religion.
Also the clear majority of Danes are evolutionists so it is not really normal to be creationist. Whether we have a better educational system or not I do not know... Again, I understand if some American atheists and evolutionists have to be tough and argumentative, because they are truly fighting an uphill battle.
[+] 1 user Likes Gaest's post
02-06-2012, 03:03 PM
This reminds me of the documentary Jesus Camp (that is what I call a horror movie). There is a moment when the mother of one of the kids says during his home schooling "science does prove anything" while discussing/dissing evolution. This was said while standing in a modern house loaded with all the convenience that science and technology has provided.

These sheep buy whatever their preachers tell them and they wonder why we take issue with them. Every creationist I have discussed evolution with does not have the most cursory understanding of it. They all refer to Darwin but have never read him.

The stupid...it burns.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
02-06-2012, 05:53 PM

A majority of theists in America are either moderate or are exactly like this. Its usually one or the other with a few intelligent ones scattered inbetween.

We don't necessarily have to be tough just saddened or amused at how drastically stupid these people want to be.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
02-06-2012, 06:16 PM
(02-06-2012 02:30 PM)Gaest Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 02:11 PM)Jedah Wrote:  And would you mind explaining your understanding ?
I am a Taiwanese.
I assume you mean my understanding of why American atheists are tough?

When I see this type of perversion of science, to completely further a religious agenda, it actually makes me annoyed to the point of anger.
We do not have this kind of problem in Denmark since religion is considered a private matter. It is considered weird or even rude to ask a stranger which religious believes he has, what church he goes to and so on... Normally you have to be drunk, or have a certain relationship to ask about it, and let alone discuss it.

We have few strongly religious people compared to the US and even fewer outspoken religious people... And fewer who try to apply science to their religion.
Also the clear majority of Danes are evolutionists so it is not really normal to be creationist. Whether we have a better educational system or not I do not know... Again, I understand if some American atheists and evolutionists have to be tough and argumentative, because they are truly fighting an uphill battle.

Thank you for reply.

I think we r both lucky that our society has similar common sense on this issue. In fact, lot people even tend to put scientific value superior than other values in Taiwan, but this is another issue of different aspect.

BTW sry for confusing, I am still working on my English expression especially at this sort of discussion.

- Oscar Wilde
02-06-2012, 06:50 PM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post