Creationism? C'mon... (A deistic approach)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Creationism? C'mon... (A deistic approach)
So the earth was created.
I can clearly see the appeal.

When watching nature, I can see the complexity of the balance. I can see the incredible diversity,and understand that something simple as a theory of evolution can not be used to explain this complexity.

When I look through a telescope and I see the magnitude of the moon, or the literally out-worldly beauty of another planet I understand our creator must have been mighty intelligent to get these planets in balance in our solar system.

When I hear about how small we are in the vast darkness of space. I understand that God must be benevolent to occupy himself with us.

When I turn to physics, and find that the make up of the universe is referenced to as "the Goldilocks principle" and that, should one of this physics constants differ, there would be no universe to start with (I did not know that honestly), I feel Allah must be all knowing to get these settings fine tuned.

Then I turn to the bible, I find scripture about great floods, giant lizards and the beginning of time, I see how that can explain everything.

Then again...
This deity...
This creator spoken of in 3 different religions...
This creator of a universe, so big, so complex, containing millions of physics laws, genetic codes, molecules, bacteria, Gas giants 40 times the size of earth, etc etc

wants you to (depending on what part of the story you hold dearest) :
  • pour water over a baby's head at birth
  • cover up or cut of you wife's hair
  • say out structured sayings in a building on Sunday/Saturday
  • wear clothes woven of one tread
  • talk to him in private
  • revere a single man that may have once lived
He told you that by a 2000 year old book, written in a death language.

guys...
Have you ANY idea how out of proportion this all is? Cant you just see? How futile your revering words are? How unimportant your deeds? How arrogant the thought that we look like him? This being capable of creation -should it exist- is like a CEO of a oil refinery walking along human ants living in a nest on the meadow of his plant. The arrogance of thinking that he knows you personally. The stupidity of futile deeds, like trying to convince other ants to accept that the son of the CEO was once an ant as well. The lack of fantasy you display when thinking that, should the deity wants his creation to do something, he will let them know by writing something mundane as a book. That's the best he could do?

Creationists: C'mon... loose the futile stupidity and start using your intelligence for something productive. Maybe one day, mankind will meet the real CEO, understand the refinery and make itself useful by fertilizing the meadow.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: Creationism? C'mon... (A deistic approach)
I didn't read anything you said... I just wanted to point out that your addiction to bullet points has become almost as bad as my affinity for ellipses (...), and that we should have an intervention for both of us... with lots of cake and dancing and merriment.

Later though... I'm leaving for a few days... to do... stuff... OH HOW I LOVE THE MECHANICS OF THE DOT DOT DOT...

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
11-06-2011, 05:04 PM
  • Point taken.
  • Nice of you to point that out.
  • Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
12-06-2011, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2011 06:33 AM by LeighJones.)
I'm addicted to interrobangs‽ Even to the point of using them inappropriately‽

Your idea of the creator deity being like the CEO of an oil company is the worst (as in the scariest concept) god I've heard of (except for the christian/jewish/muslim one).

What intelligence‽

Librarians may have a bone or two to pick with you (The ones who care about their jobs at any rate). Books = awesome.
12-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I also have some weird thing for ellipses, I notice it every time I write something but can't seem to stop myself....

There's one other thing I find is an issue with the big religions, the one thing I can't quite get past. They all say that their god is THE god, the one true god. However in each of these cases there are many similarities as well as many differences which I would take to mean that each of these gods must be different dudes, or it's one guy just screwing with everybody. Especially when you consider that all of these religions want it's members to wipe out the other ones in favor of it's god.

So if it's the same guy.... he's a colossal penis.
If it's a bunch of deities then we have bigger problems after all. To begin with the holy war is going to be so much more interesting.
Option 3: Multiple personalities. A god who has suffered a mental breakdown which is understandable given what he has had to do. It would explain the christian belief in god, the devil, and jesus. He just cracked. He's a bloody mental patient masquerading as a sane in control deity. It's time we got a psychiatrist I say.

Let's get a petition going.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Creationism did make more sense when the night sky was just little specks, nothing more. I think the only reason it persists today is heavy indoctrination as a child.

The universe is 100,000 light years across, billions of galaxies, many of which we'll never see no maker how strong the telescope, each one of those billions, containing billions of stars. Each star can have several planets in orbit. But all these planets are empty are barren, created for no particular reason? We are a tiny, tiny grain of sand in the vast oceans of the world, claiming to be the center of it all.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
16-06-2011, 02:01 PM
(12-06-2011 06:06 AM)LeighJones Wrote:  Your idea of the creator deity being like the CEO of an oil company is the worst (as in the scariest concept) god I've heard of (except for the christian/jewish/muslim one).
LolZ...

Yet another good reason to become atheist. Don't wanna support big oil co's Smile

I hope the message about how futile our ant-like behavior is, is clear however...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Soon creationist are going to say beneficial mutations prove creationism Metazoa Zeke 18 333 22-03-2014 02:08 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Creationism/Evolution Drich 130 2,729 21-02-2014 03:55 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Creationism Assignment - Being accepting of religion or ruining education. Wanderingcelt 13 416 20-02-2014 07:18 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Kangaroos Kickbox Creationism sporehux 6 278 12-02-2014 09:03 AM
Last Post: Hafnof
  Creationism:Why to Catch Teens and Children and the Money that Comes with it Metazoa Zeke 4 211 03-02-2014 09:09 PM
Last Post: Drich
Video WOW! Creationism forced on children in a public school. Raptor Jesus 2 206 27-01-2014 09:09 PM
Last Post: Timber1025
  Christian Creationists change to a deistic view when arguing. Lawls 11 804 16-11-2013 03:10 PM
Last Post: Elesjei