Creationism/Evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2014, 03:53 PM
RE: Creationism/Evolution
(04-02-2014 12:35 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 12:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, there's the good old Engorgio charm. Shocking

Let's hope it doesn't last too long or engorge too much or you might need to use the same spell they use to make tents with.

And fuck it, you all ruined magic again... Dodgy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-02-2014, 05:49 PM
(03-02-2014 08:37 PM)Drich Wrote:  I have only taken the face value account of (a literal 7 days of creation) Genesis and lined the holes up with the holes in the evolutionary account of origins and they fit together perfectly.

Drich,

First thanks for sharing your idea in writing. It was interesting.

Unfortunately you have not lined up the evolutionary holes. But before I address that, there are other impossible problems.

Using as you did a literal account of Gen, if a god did create the Earth in one day, all that mass coming together would be losing a lot of potential energy. That energy would be converted into heat. Science estimates that 20% of the heat in the Earth's mantle today is left over from the initial coming together of the Earth, 4 billions years after the fact! It took the Earth millions of years to cool enough to form a crust. So how did Adam and Eve stand on it after just a few days?

Soil took even longer to form, after the water got here. I guess the tree of life didn't need anything o grow in...

There's also the problem of iron. The Buy-Bull says that the Earth came before stars. But iron is created by stars. So if there is iron in the Earth, that means that stars had to come first to make that iron. Another massive hole if you take Genesis literally.

As for ecvolution, since Genesis says that life all appeared those first seven days (and lists the order that life appeared in incorrectly by the way), how did live evolve if it was already created? How did man get some of the same DNA that every single life form on Earth shares if he was in Eden while life was evolving?

I don't see where your theory is unarguable at all....
[+] 1 user Likes Cleanholio's post
04-02-2014, 09:08 PM
(04-02-2014 04:16 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  So Drich,
You don't seem to grasp what the problem you're having here is.

Though I don't feel that you'll accept it, I'll point it out for you:

The nonbelievers who are responding to you have a complete understanding of what faith is. You, as a believer, do not.

Aside from your egos need to somehow justify the unprovable things you claim, toward those who don't believe, what else is motivating you to post this stuff?

The devil? Is that want to hear? I told you my reasons.
04-02-2014, 09:12 PM
(03-02-2014 11:32 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 11:22 PM)Drich Wrote:  Do you know what 3000+ years of sand and wind does to broken pottery?

Sand and wind buries pottery within a few days and preserves it forever. As if sand could erode pottery away. You don't know FUCK about physics, do you. OR pottery, or that matter.

So your just going to ignore the fact that entire STONE cities have been erased and buried and there is nothing left, but the stone foundations.. and yet your going to hold on to the idea that this same sand preserves all pottery shards but blasts and covers whole cities..
05-02-2014, 12:48 AM
(04-02-2014 09:12 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 11:32 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Sand and wind buries pottery within a few days and preserves it forever. As if sand could erode pottery away. You don't know FUCK about physics, do you. OR pottery, or that matter.

So your just going to ignore the fact that entire STONE cities have been erased and buried and there is nothing left, but the stone foundations.. and yet your going to hold on to the idea that this same sand preserves all pottery shards but blasts and covers whole cities..

I think you will find that a lot of the stone blocks from ancient stone cities were taken and used again. A lot easier and cheaper than going to a quarry and getting them from there.
05-02-2014, 01:25 AM
(03-02-2014 11:32 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Sand and wind buries pottery within a few days and preserves it forever. As if sand could erode pottery away. You don't know FUCK about physics, do you. OR pottery, or that matter.

Standing stone structures can be eroded by water and the wind blowing the sand over it. However if you bury something in sand it is far more protected from the elements and erosion (how does the wind erode something buried underground?). What did the sand not destroy again? Oh right, the foundations buried under the sand! So comparing a standing city to pottery shards does you no favors here. Come on, this is elementary grade stuff.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
05-02-2014, 01:33 AM

*YOU'RE means "YOU ARE".

YOUR means "BELONGING TO YOU".

If you had even an elementary understanding of geology, or even fucking POTTERY, you would know that all "stone" is not created equal. Your assumptions here are the same as all of your other assumptions, based in your abysmal ignorance of....fucking EVERYTHING.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-02-2014, 03:08 AM
(04-02-2014 09:08 PM)Drich Wrote:  I told you my reasons.

You have? Then I've clearly missed it. I understood that you were on this forum to answer biblically based questions.

Please post a quick link to your reasons.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
05-02-2014, 03:17 AM
(05-02-2014 03:08 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 09:08 PM)Drich Wrote:  I told you my reasons.

You have? Then I've clearly missed it. I understood that you were on this forum to answer biblically based questions.

Please post a quick link to your reasons.

Nevermind Drich. I've found it. Drinking Beverage

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
05-02-2014, 11:02 PM

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop