Creationism/Evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Creationism/Evolution
(03-02-2014 08:37 PM)Drich Wrote:  ...
Evolved man or "monkey man" is man without a soul, and In the Garden Man, was created in the image of God, that would be man with a soul. In essence That would leave room for whole complete fossil record that could not be previously reconciled scripturally

I have only taken the face value account of (a literal 7 days of creation) Genesis and lined the holes up with the holes in the evolutionary account of origins and they fit together perfectly.

What do you think?

I used to do this when I was in high school and college. Any time I'd find something that looked like it didn't match between my knowledge of science and what I thought the Bible said, I'd start making things up to try and reconcile the difference. If I was feeling feisty, I'd even use an out-of-context Bible verse to prove me right.

So, we start with the world being more than 6,000 years old, and animals existing before people for far longer than a day? Well, the Bible says "A day is as a thousand years" (who cares about context), so, when God says "day", who knows what it means!? Dinosaurs existed in that "day" before people. Great!

We have evidence there were people waaay back before Adam would have existed? I, too, believed that there must have been monkey men who didn't have souls, and Adam was the first person with a soul.

I finally pay attention to the fact that they days of creation in Genesis don't match the order of how things happened in the really real world? Well, it was around this point that I stopped being comforted by the things I was making up, and started wondering why I needed to believe in a religion I was clearly creating on my own...

That last part really did happen to me within a few months of me admitting I no longer believed in God.

TL;DR: What you're doing is nothing new: you're making things up to fit a narrative you already hold.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-02-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm at capacity. Between the threads I have here and other websites. I only started this thread because I thought my first thread was locked. When some of the others does out I will catch this one up.
06-02-2014, 07:02 PM
So, what I'm getting out of this thread is:
Drich: Here's my idea, what do you think?
Everyone else: This is bull.
Drich: Well, then prove me wrong!

In this case, I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and that he is the true savior of man kind. I'm a Pastafarian (google it). What do you think?
Oh, you don't think it's real? Prove me wrong.

Atir aissom atir imon
06-02-2014, 10:02 PM
(06-02-2014 06:44 PM)Drich Wrote:  I'm at capacity. Between the threads I have here and other websites. I only started this thread because I thought my first thread was locked. When some of the others does out I will catch this one up.

Then go the fuck away. You have bitten off more than you can chew. No surprise here.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-02-2014, 10:06 PM
(06-02-2014 07:02 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  So, what I'm getting out of this thread is:

In this case, I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and that he is the true savior of man kind. I'm a Pastafarian (google it). What do you think?

Sounds just like that lying bullshit artist NOTlookingforanswers' sad attempts to shift his burden of proof! Thumbsup

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-02-2014, 10:16 PM
(06-02-2014 06:44 PM)Drich Wrote:  I'm at capacity. Between the threads I have here and other websites. I only started this thread because I thought my first thread was locked. When some of the others does out I will catch this one up.

Your other thread was unlocked a couple hours before you created this one.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

06-02-2014, 10:19 PM
(06-02-2014 10:06 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 07:02 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  So, what I'm getting out of this thread is:

Sounds just like that lying bullshit artist NOTlookingforanswers' sad attempts to shift his burden of proof! Thumbsup

Shhhh!
*cough*
I'm perfecting the art of debating by mimicking the ridiculous arguments of the other person, but it doesn't work if you point it out!
*cough*

Sorry Drich, have a really bad cough...

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
09-02-2014, 05:14 PM
(06-02-2014 10:21 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  TL;DR: What you're doing is nothing new: you're making things up to fit a narrative you already hold.
My thoughts exactly. Wonderful sumup, man.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
09-02-2014, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 06:50 PM by joben1.)
(03-02-2014 08:37 PM)Drich Wrote:  Here is one I have been working on for a while. Evolutionist and creationist both hate it, so I guess I am on to something.

I see that you suffered a calamity here by the insertion of "to" in the above quote.
[+] 2 users Like joben1's post
09-02-2014, 07:09 PM
(03-02-2014 09:34 PM)Drich Wrote:  Many of your peers think this way.. A English professor I debated from oxford thought this way... You must be the only one, or do you represent a new doctrine of atheism?

LMAO. So..... he's claiming to have debated "a" English professor from "o"xford. Weeping
What did they "debate" ? How many fucking grammatical and spelling errors Jebus would permit before his head exploded ?
At a convention of Morons for Jebus ?
MFJ.
What a fucking lying fraud.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post