Creationism/Evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: Creationism/Evolution
(03-02-2014 09:15 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Even though I need more evidence for the god claim its good that at least your trying to agree with evolution. Though i'd recommend keeping gods and goddesses out of it

If you want evidence then why not take God up on His offer to provide it for anyone who Asks Seeks and Knocks as out lined in Luke 11?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
(03-02-2014 08:37 PM)Drich Wrote:  God created a picture of the world that...

...looked kinda like this:

[Image: Mandel_zoom_00_mandelbrot_set.jpg]

...no, Drich. God is an identity. What is not identified is not designed; creationists would applaud their creator. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
(03-02-2014 09:17 PM)Drich Wrote:  To re cap the OP the basic theory is there is no time line between gen 2 (the end of a literal 7 day creation) and Gen 3. Meaning it could be a day month year 1000 year billion years or the 100 ballizion years science will eventually say was needed for evolution to happen... Adam and Eve could have remained in the Garden for that time. The 6000 years the genealogies point to only speak from Genesis 3 forward. (after the Fall.)
Yabut, we already knew that the Bible doesn't necessarily say that the Earth is 6000 years old. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
03-02-2014, 09:20 PM
(03-02-2014 09:14 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 09:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Except for the part where that is demonstrably false so far as evolution is concerned...

did you not read the thread or did you not understand it? would you like me to walk you through it? This is an honest offer to anyone who may be having trouble understanding what was said here.

I read it.

Statements such as "monkey man" or (worse) "slime man" demonstrate that you are either misrepresenting or do not understand what "evolution" actually means.

You state that your theory is literally unfalsifiable. That discounts it from being called a "theory". Notwithstanding that even allowing the early Genesis narrative to be accurate (an insanely huge allowance) the subsequent history recounted in the Bible is not true. So there's that.

So your, er, "theory" is that "maybe a small part of the bible is true in unfalsifiable ways which necessarily do not contradict the established body of scientific conjecture".

That's hardly compelling, but you're certainly free to believe it.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
(03-02-2014 09:17 PM)Drich Wrote:  To re cap the OP the basic theory is there is no time line between gen 2 (the end of a literal 7 day creation) and Gen 3. Meaning it could be a day month year 1000 year billion years or the 100 ballizion years science will eventually say was needed for evolution to happen... Adam and Eve could have remained in the Garden for that time. The 6000 years the genealogies point to only speak from Genesis 3 forward. (after the Fall.)

So...you've got a different spin on your myth?

Great, we can all go for sammiches and drinks.

Why is your myth any better than the Hindu's? Or the Polynesians? Or one of the other thousands of myths around the world?

And why should it need to be bothered coming near science?

Very much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
(03-02-2014 09:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
Yabut, we already knew that the Bible doesn't necessarily say that the Earth is 6000 years old. Consider

then why does accepting evolution preclude belief in creationism/God??
03-02-2014, 09:21 PM
(03-02-2014 09:14 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 09:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Except for the part where that is demonstrably false so far as evolution is concerned...

did you not read the thread or did you not understand it? would you like me to walk you through it? This is an honest offer to anyone who may be having trouble understanding what was said here.

I can't speak for cjlr but I slogged through your OP. IMHO it is apologetics and quackery at it's finest Bowing I have no doubt that you are being completely honest and sincere and to tell you the truth this is what weirds me out the most.

I'm afraid that even if you were to hold someone's hand and walked them through your house of mirrors it will not get the effect you desire on this site.

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
03-02-2014, 09:21 PM
(03-02-2014 09:20 PM)Drich Wrote:  then why does accepting evolution preclude belief in creationism/God??
I don't think I ever said that. One of our admins (KC) is an evolutionary creationist, so it's obviously possible to believe in both.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
03-02-2014, 09:23 PM
(03-02-2014 09:20 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 09:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Yabut, we already knew that the Bible doesn't necessarily say that the Earth is 6000 years old. Consider

then why does accepting evolution preclude belief in creationism/God??

Evolution does not predict a resultant. Creationism denies god.Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2014, 09:24 PM
(03-02-2014 09:21 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 09:20 PM)Drich Wrote:  then why does accepting evolution preclude belief in creationism/God??
I don't think I ever said that. One of our admins (KC) is an evolutionary creationist, so it's obviously possible to believe in both.

Indeed. A great many of those with any education on the matter hold precisely such beliefs.

The issue for literalists is that an acceptance of modern science forcibly removes the creator's role to cosmogeny and maybe biogenesis (but the latter is quite debatable).

Non-literalists (which of course includes a great many reasonable, intelligent, and educated people) do not see a need to buy into a false and frankly ridiculous dichotomy.

... this is my signature!