Poll: I want a Creationism forum for topics young earth creationism, evolution, big bang, etc.
This poll is closed.
Yes 73.33% 11 73.33%
No 26.67% 4 26.67%
Total 15 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Creationism - New Forum
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Creationism - New Forum
Hi Guys

How do you feel about a new forum?

The Atheist/Theism forum currently gets the most traffic so I'm thinking if we can divide it up a bit it might be better.
Quite a few of the threads in atheism/theist would fit into that forum quite happily.

Let me know what you think!
Find all posts by this user
30-04-2011, 09:57 AM
RE: Creationism - New Forum
Sounds good to me.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
30-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Excellent idea!

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
30-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm in. I'd say let this thread run for a week or so, and if there's no serious objections, go ahead and add it.

If anyone is concerned about too many forums, always try to remember, it's as easy to delete an unused forum as it is to add one.

Just visiting.

-SR
30-04-2011, 04:43 PM
I think this forum is doing great with attracting Atheists. It needs more Theists to visit and register to start intelligent and serious debates. So yea this would be a great addition to the forums just as long as we add a variety of content to the forum right from the start to help out the indexes and give it a small push.
30-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Curious, who all voted no? I'd like to hear the other side's argument.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
30-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Would you simply split Atheism / Theism into two separate forums? How would you determine what stays and goes?

If it's a discussion against Theism would it stay in Atheism or be moved into Theism / Creationism. This is the only downfall when adding a new forum after you have had many discussions already posted inside of a forum that's similar or has a majority of the new forums threads.

Maybe Theism / Creationism is just going to contain discussions from their point of view and opinions? If that is the case then it won't be so bad to move threads because I haven't hardly seen any of those POVs or discussions since my new stay here. If you need help moving threads, I'll be glad to help.
30-04-2011, 04:57 PM
(30-04-2011 04:47 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Curious, who all voted no? I'd like to hear the other side's argument.
Blush well...Blush
Maybe I was a bit overprotective when I voted no... Confused
Afraid that we might attract figures like "ron"

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
30-04-2011, 05:11 PM
(30-04-2011 04:57 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(30-04-2011 04:47 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Curious, who all voted no? I'd like to hear the other side's argument.
Blush well...Blush
Maybe I was a bit overprotective when I voted no... Confused
Afraid that we might attract figures like "ron"

Valid point. Part of the problem with Creationists is that they tend to be a little bit hard to deal with. But I would feel a lot better with a creationist/evolution forum, because if/when they come, then we can keep them contained in there(hopefully).

30-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Here's my take on it.

I don't mind adding a forum, just as long as there's no expectations of moving threads around a whole bunch. Fact is, discussions evolve, and I've always disliked the idea of "hijacking" a thread. If discussion wavers away from a topic, then so be it. I'd hate to think we are attempting to contain theists to a certain section of the forum.

When Unbeliever and I agreed to take on the forum, we decided that we would let it be self moderated. That meant no censorship, no moving threads, and no telling people to "keep it on topic". We must have done something right. As the older members know, we've gone from a dozen or so active members posting on a single board, to what you see now.

I'm all for suggestions. All I'm saying is, lets make sure that we're making them for the right reasons, and lets also keep in mind that although it's easy to toss an extra forum up, it does take work to maintain it. Lots of hours have gone into this board, from when Unbeliever and I took over to Deep Thought coming in and giving the whole damn thing a face lift. The other important thing to keep in mind is that you guys are what makes this forum work. So keep up the suggestions, but always try to keep in the back of your minds that this forum is, and will remain open for everyone to post wherever they like.

Just visiting.

-SR
Thread Closed