Creationism Strikes Back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2012, 05:48 AM
RE: Creationism Strikes Back
(11-01-2012 05:09 AM)Filox Wrote:  I'm not even going to bother with this nonsense. I'll simply call all these fucktards a fucktards that they are. There, refute this!

Smile

I mean, this is all so funny, they all demand PROOF from atheists that our views are true, yet they have NEVER shown a single PROOF for any of their statements. What are we, first grade kids? Or retards? I think I'm gonna write a book, say that the book was written from nothing and that nobody has written it, it has written itself and I will go around the world asking the Creationists to disprove things from the book. Things like Flying Spaghetti Monster...

Why do I ever read this kind of things, it just upsets me, now I have to go home and smoke and smoke... DAMN you Creationists, you make me smoke all day long!!

Smile

Be sure and claim the book was "inspired", and whatever ya do, don't leave a paper trail, so people can't figure out who all the contibutors to YOUR book were, (unlike that other book), and all the other books you stole your's from.

Oh BTW,

a. evolution is oberserved EVERY DAY, in millions of medical labs all over the world, where they culture bacteria, and figure out which antibiotics they have BECOME, ( evolved), sensitive/insensitive to. I would bet 99.999 % of those who SAY they don't believe in evolution do go to their doctors, and take their RX for the antibiotic he/she prescribes for them, which (duh), is based totally on studies of which bacteria it works on, and which it doesn't, and which have grown out strains, (evolved), which are not sensitive to that antibiotic. It's right under their noses. Some people are just stupid ALL day.

b. Some labs have created viruses. Viruses are not classified as "life", but it's only a matter of time, and that argument will be out on the trash heap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-01-2012, 02:04 PM
An interesting result of the who created the world debate on a poll site: the majority of Americans believe in God, while the figure is only 10% in countries like Finland and Sweden. There are some very aggressive theist comments on the site.

[Image: WzZrB.jpg]
28-01-2012, 02:32 PM
(28-01-2012 02:04 PM)abest Wrote:  An interesting result of the who created the world debate on a poll site: the majority of Americans believe in God, while the figure is only 10% in countries like Finland and Sweden. There are some very aggressive theist comments on the site.

Link to site?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2012, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2012 03:23 PM by Logisch.)
Google tells me http://www.rrrather.com/view/137

But i'm not sure if that's the original. I can't tell if the theist comments are teenage kids, or really ignorant adults. Lots of copy paste arguments going on. Seems kinda pointless. Not to mention, it technically is just going off of IP. So the results may not be entirely accurate per country due to proxy settings and the like.
29-01-2012, 03:48 AM
There go a few more braincells. I should take my own advice rather than waste time (that I'll never get back) reading a post from someone that screams 'Evolution has been proven FALSE!'. I attribute it all to wishful thinking and a truckload of BS.

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
[+] 1 user Likes arcticspear's post
29-01-2012, 07:29 AM
If the numbers of people who believe in creationism are really that much higher in the US than in other countries, then I don't think I want to live here anymore.

Can I seek political asylum somewhere because of this?
29-01-2012, 07:38 AM
(29-01-2012 07:29 AM)Trapped Pentecostal Wrote:  If the numbers of people who believe in creationism are really that much higher in the US than in other countries, then I don't think I want to live here anymore.

Can I seek political asylum somewhere because of this?

Don't worry, there have been times I've actually considered moving to another country lol. I don't know if push will come to shove and I'll actually do that.

I like to think that the grass isn't green on the other side. Realistically, there was a time when other countries probably felt the other way and we're just simply behind the curve. Statistically, less than a decade ago the amount of leading scientists in recognized organizations were about 70% atheist. Now it's around 90% in the recognized sciences. That's a HUGE majority.

Let's pretend that 50% of the population is capable of believing a scientific theory that is currently very accepted and being looked into.... at least 1 out of every 2 people you'd run into on the street are capable of some rational thought. At some point, we have to hope that logic will prevail.
29-01-2012, 08:05 AM
(29-01-2012 07:38 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Statistically, less than a decade ago the amount of leading scientists in recognized organizations were about 70% atheist. Now it's around 90% in the recognized sciences. That's a HUGE majority.

Yes, this may be true, but how much of that change is because A) fewer and fewer Americans are going into science as a career, and B) more and more scientists in the United States are not from there, but from Asia or Europe? Unfortunately the scientific population is probably not a good representative sample to go by.

I wish I could be optimistic about this, but the fact that so many groups are still pushing hard to have creationism taught in schools (and the fact that they're not all laughed at outright by every local and state government that they push their ideas on), doesn't give me a lot of hope for the future. The fact that people make a lot of money pushing creationist educational materials makes me damn near hopeless about the situation. Hell, my own wife and every one of my in-laws believes in strict Biblical creationism; they have always believed it, and they will will believe it until the day they die. I don't see a lot of potential for the widespread belief in creationism diminishing anytime soon.
29-01-2012, 06:56 PM
(29-01-2012 08:05 AM)Trapped Pentecostal Wrote:  
(29-01-2012 07:38 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Statistically, less than a decade ago the amount of leading scientists in recognized organizations were about 70% atheist. Now it's around 90% in the recognized sciences. That's a HUGE majority.

Yes, this may be true, but how much of that change is because A) fewer and fewer Americans are going into science as a career, and B) more and more scientists in the United States are not from there, but from Asia or Europe? Unfortunately the scientific population is probably not a good representative sample to go by.

I wish I could be optimistic about this, but the fact that so many groups are still pushing hard to have creationism taught in schools (and the fact that they're not all laughed at outright by every local and state government that they push their ideas on), doesn't give me a lot of hope for the future. The fact that people make a lot of money pushing creationist educational materials makes me damn near hopeless about the situation. Hell, my own wife and every one of my in-laws believes in strict Biblical creationism; they have always believed it, and they will will believe it until the day they die. I don't see a lot of potential for the widespread belief in creationism diminishing anytime soon.

It's a good indicator for science. Not necessarily the general public.