Creationism and Bogus Claims

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2015, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 03:24 PM by kingschosen.)
Creationism and Bogus Claims
I don't usually link and run, but here, again, is another one of my brother's articles that I think is well worth the read. Give it a shot... and please remember, these articles are written for Christians as the primary audience.

link

EDIT: He wanted me to let y'all know he knows there isn't a scientific distinction between macro and micro evolution, but he used those terms because of his audience in that they would be familiar with what they were.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: Creationism and Bogus Claims
(13-08-2015 02:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't usually link and run, but here, again, is another one of my brother's articles that I think is well worth the read. Give it a shot... and please remember, these articles are written for Christians as the primary audience.

link

ugh, on duty, and military firewalls are serious Weeping....will clicky tomorrow I suppose once I am home

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
13-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Creation science is false science, which means no science at all. No man knows enough to teach creation science.
We have some understanding of this world. Science helps us to understand it better and deeper.
To believers: we only believe that Gods can create things out of something. Mortal men also can create things out of something. But how do Gods do this exactly? nobody knows.
Why do some believers want to teach creation science? what for? how can we use this knowledge in practice?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
13-08-2015, 03:12 PM
I read it. It could use a real good scrubbing with the editor brush, but he made all good points with pretty standard stuff.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2015, 03:20 PM

Okay, my OCD side is frantically and pedantically fixating on how Pokemon evolution is NOT a good model for real evolution and actually DOES run afoul of the transitional species argument. Blush

But otherwise, yes. Solid points. They've been made before but it's worth something that they're being made from INSIDE the bubble. (EDIT: Though the fact that it's now coming from inside the bubble makes it less of a bubble.)

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
13-08-2015, 09:17 PM
*rubbing eyes to clear them*

Did Alla just make a reasonable and rational, well-thought-out post about Creationism?

*rubs eyes again*

Okay, I have no idea what that line about "something" means... whew!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
13-08-2015, 10:05 PM
(13-08-2015 09:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  *rubbing eyes to clear them*

Did Alla just make a reasonable and rational, well-thought-out post about Creationism?

*rubs eyes again*
I guess I did.
(13-08-2015 09:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Okay, I have no idea what that line about "something" means... whew!
what I was trying to say is that nobody can create something out of nothing.
So, if there is Creator he didn't create things out of nothing.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
14-08-2015, 03:15 AM
(13-08-2015 10:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 09:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  *rubbing eyes to clear them*

*rubs eyes again*
I guess I did.
(13-08-2015 09:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Okay, I have no idea what that line about "something" means... whew!
what I was trying to say is that nobody can create something out of nothing.
So, if there is Creator he didn't create things out of nothing.

I also shockingly agreed with the first half of your post and thought maybe I was still in bed sleeping.

As to the second half I also agree. You cannot CREATE something out of nothing. But that doesn't mean that something never comes out of nothing autonomously. The fact that particles are constantly popping in and out of existence is a factual scientific observation

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2015, 03:19 AM
(13-08-2015 02:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't usually link and run, but here, again, is another one of my brother's articles that I think is well worth the read. Give it a shot... and please remember, these articles are written for Christians as the primary audience.

link

EDIT: He wanted me to let y'all know he knows there isn't a scientific distinction between macro and micro evolution, but he used those terms because of his audience in that they would be familiar with what they were.

I prefer the dinosaur to the dog.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-08-2015, 03:25 AM
(13-08-2015 03:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  Creation science is false science, which means no science at all. No man knows enough to teach creation science.
We have some understanding of this world. Science helps us to understand it better and deeper.
To believers: we only believe that Gods can create things out of something. Mortal men also can create things out of something. But how do Gods do this exactly? nobody knows.
Why do some believers want to teach creation science? what for? how can we use this knowledge in practice?

Your post was fine until the bold section. Then it became made up woo.

It ended well. Stick around and keep reading.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post