Creationism and deformed babies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2014, 01:34 AM
Creationism and deformed babies
I just finished watching an archived video of a debate between Ray Comfort and AronRa concerning evolution and I need to let off some steam (gently).

How do Creationists deal with the problem of babies which are born deformed? Evolution has no difficulty in acknowledging that natural processes are not always pristine: accidents happen (sometimes very hideous accidents).

Creationists, on the other hand, must account for these deformities as "mistakes" made by their otherwise perfect God. Perhaps, their God should be fired for incompetence.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2014, 01:40 AM
RE: Creationism and deformed babies
(08-12-2014 01:34 AM)666wannabe Wrote:  I just finished watching an archived video of a debate between Ray Comfort and AronRa concerning evolution and I need to let off some steam (gently).

How do Creationists deal with the problem of babies which are born deformed? Evolution has no difficulty in acknowledging that natural processes are not always pristine: accidents happen (sometimes very hideous accidents).

Creationists, on the other hand, must account for these deformities as "mistakes" made by their otherwise perfect God. Perhaps, their God should be fired for incompetence.

The usual go-to excuse is 'freewill'.

Therefore all of the fucked up shit is our fault because their god gave us freewill, and instead of using his omni-max capabilities to preemptively intervene before disaster struck, instead allows us to continuously fall short of his perfectly inhuman expectations and proceeds to punish us for things playing out exact like he knew they would.

Because Jesus...

Or Satan...

Or something...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-12-2014, 02:47 AM
Mysterious ways.
Some kinda crazy like, If some babies weren't born with cleft palates then this brilliant surgeon would never have been given the talent from god to help them.
08-12-2014, 05:13 AM
Sin has entered the world as a physical presence that corrupts everything, and God is powerless to prevent it.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
08-12-2014, 06:42 AM
(08-12-2014 05:13 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Sin has entered the world as a physical presence that corrupts everything, and God is powerless to prevent it.

And god's a dick....Big Grin

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
08-12-2014, 07:27 AM
Wendy Wright (a creationist idiot), in a Richard Dawkins "debate" video, kept talking about how the idea there was a "Crea-tore" gave her comfort when it came to this particular subject because of some bullcrap about meaning everyone, deformed babies included, has a soul and worth...or some bull like that, I was too busy slamming my head into the wall to really pay attention.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
08-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Or... they're perfect in his eyes.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
08-12-2014, 10:02 AM
(08-12-2014 07:27 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Wendy Wright (a creationist idiot), in a Richard Dawkins "debate" video, kept talking about how the idea there was a "Crea-tore" gave her comfort when it came to this particular subject because of some bullcrap about meaning everyone, deformed babies included, has a soul and worth...or some bull like that, I was too busy slamming my head into the wall to really pay attention.

Have you seen the uncut version of that debate... It's hilarious.

Wright blabbers and contradicts herself, before repeatedly backtracking... Dawkins just let's her tie herself in knots and hardly needs to say a thing.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Is that the video where she just stares at Dawkins half the time with that creepy ass smile on her face?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
08-12-2014, 02:07 PM
It's all part of a plan in which the child has some sort of use in the world to teach us unwashed masses beauty and strength, or that we have to learn better, or the parents were horrible heathens at some point, or blah blah blah.

Basically: "God. Now shut your pie hole."