Creationism and deformed babies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Creationism and deformed babies
(08-12-2014 02:47 AM)pablo Wrote:  Mysterious ways.
Some kinda crazy like, If some babies weren't born with cleft palates then this brilliant surgeon would never have been given the talent from god to help them.

I've always thought of the "Mysterious Ways" argument as just a very large turd in the cesspool or religious rationalizations.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Some kinda crazy like, If some babies weren't born with cleft palates then this brilliant surgeon would never have been given the talent from god to help them.

I've always thought of the "Mysterious Ways" argument as just a very large turd in the cesspool of religious rationalizations.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
08-12-2014, 04:55 PM

pablo, have you ever heard the suggestion that God gave us a nose so that our spectacles would not fall off?

09-12-2014, 06:26 AM
(08-12-2014 04:55 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  

pablo, have you ever heard the suggestion that God gave us a nose so that our spectacles would not fall off?

That kind of makes me laugh and want to slap a theist at the same time. Laugh out loadAngry

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
09-12-2014, 06:38 AM
(09-12-2014 06:26 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(08-12-2014 04:55 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  pablo, have you ever heard the suggestion that God gave us a nose so that our spectacles would not fall off?

That kind of makes me laugh and want to slap a theist at the same time. Laugh out loadAngry

Yeah, because who was the dick who fucked up not only the design of the eye, but allows for it to not replicate itself perfectly in every human, thus necessitating the use of spectacles for those fortunate enough to have the luxury to own them?

Fuckin' dick...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-12-2014, 06:50 AM
(08-12-2014 04:55 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  

I suppose in such an instance, the olfactory organs were an afterthought.

... That might explain why we have both shitty vision and sense of smell...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-12-2014, 08:05 AM
(08-12-2014 10:02 AM)Sam Wrote:  Have you seen the uncut version of that debate... It's hilarious.

Wright blabbers and contradicts herself, before repeatedly backtracking... Dawkins just let's her tie herself in knots and hardly needs to say a thing.

Whatever I saw was over a half hour long, and mind numbing.

(08-12-2014 11:50 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  Is that the video where she just stares at Dawkins half the time with that creepy ass smile on her face?

Yup. Poster woman for undeserved smugness.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.