Creationism is...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Creationism is...
...blasphemous idolatry. I got that straight out of the Bible. That's all I use in this kinda debate. I don't see any purpose to debating evolution - which is rock-solid (I'm no expert working in the field of biology - I am a bit of expert at using the Bible, however. Tongue)

There's no "sin" in being a Creationist; there is all kinds of sin in Creationism - I can just sum that one by saying YHWH told me. (Science of emergence kills "In the beginning" dead like Raid.) The closest that religious nonsense has come to me is in finding an ICR publication at "the loony bin," which is a public office supported by government funding; and I went off like the evolutionist I am. In personal interaction, people just don't fly that kite in my airspace.

You guys can jump in my shit with both feet. I'm not here as "expert," just speaking with the voice of experience - and looking at all these threads leaves me shaking my head - this is my "final answer" on this topic in general. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2011, 09:18 AM
RE: Creationism is...
Again with the hurting of my head.
SO I might just be having a stupid day but are you asking us to argue you over evolution being right or am I missing stuff in your post.....again?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
23-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Nah, you ain't missing nothing. I consider "creationism" to be evil, time-wasting nonsense. This forum has a - kinder, more gentle interpretation, let's say. When I posted the OP, I didn't know if I was gonna be a part of this forum. I'm still here running my neck, so... don't sweat the OP. Wink

25-10-2011, 08:43 AM
OK!
Well you'll be glad to know that you are not alone in your hatred of creationism. I myself wish for some kind of militaristic assault on most religions. I might actually exceed you in your hatred.
As to answer the thread...I can't touch your thoughts or logic as it is solid.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
30-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Ya ever here the one that goes, careful what you wish for? Guess what I got?

Zero-state morality

Wanna kill 'em all? Big Grin

Did you know there was a moral difference between killing and homicide? And that people who talk about murder; are completely ignorant of the law, their own morality, or both?

Did you know that the way to kill a creationist is to use morality to take the creationism from them, and turn them back into human beings? They have no defense, and if they resist... something might break. Acceptable risk?

I used to know nothing. Now, it seems, zero - state morality makes me the master of the fucking universe. It was an accident, I tell ya! And that dang Gwynnies! Big Grin

Everything I do, I do because I love Gwyneth Paltrow. It sounds simple because it is simple. I'm not obsessed with her. I don't want anything from her. I fucking despise her lifestyle because I absolutely hate wealth. I couldn't say that before because my morality was not zero-state. Now I know when I am saying something wrong or right, just by reading the words as I write them. And because it is zero-state, how people respond to my words will tell me how their morality relates to mine...

And that is how we shall take over the world! (dammit, where's that devil emote...)

But yeah, scary fucking stuff. Live and learn, that's how the game is played...

Tell you about that fucking Bible. I am certain that the thread I'm following has been in that fucking thing since it began - since fucking Job - and every single self-serving bastard who ever put their fucking hands on it wanted to use YHWH words to give them the power of YHWH. Now what the fuck good is the power of YHWH gonna do me? All I wanted, was to go to fucking sleep, and not wake up...

So I fucking handled it. Took everything outta the Bible that was necessary, wrote the damn scripture, set YHWH free, and threw the fucking Bible in the trash where it belongs...

I'm going to bed. Tongue

30-10-2011, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2011 01:39 PM by angry_liberal.)
(25-10-2011 08:43 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  OK!
Well you'll be glad to know that you are not alone in your hatred of creationism. I myself wish for some kind of militaristic assault on most religions. I might actually exceed you in your hatred.

Whilst I agree with you guys that religion is a bad thing, I disagree with what might be called the "militant" attitude for a number of reasons:
  • I think we can draw a distinction between "religion" and "spirituality". The latter is a good thing, often associated with the best believers and disingenuously appropriated by the worst.
  • Unless we really want to remain part of an inward-looking ghetto of miltant atheists we need to learn how to hold a conversation with our opponents without losing our temper.
  • Talking to people of different opinions can be fun.
  • The military strategists are agreed: Know thine enemy. You cannot do that if you don't try to get inside their mind however uncomfortable it may be to fit one's great intellectual majesty into the tiddling little brain of a creationist.
  • We play into their hands if we get angry. [I think the anger is entirely justified but counterproductive.]

That said there are many potential conversationalists where it is not worth spending much effort engaging in conversation, and young earth creationists rank high on that list.
30-10-2011, 03:45 PM
(30-10-2011 01:34 PM)angry_liberal Wrote:  

Whilst I agree with you guys that religion is a bad thing, I disagree with what might be called the "militant" attitude for a number of reasons:
  • I think we can draw a distinction between "religion" and "spirituality". The latter is a good thing, often associated with the best believers and disingenuously appropriated by the worst.
  • Unless we really want to remain part of an inward-looking ghetto of miltant atheists we need to learn how to hold a conversation with our opponents without losing our temper.
  • The military strategists are agreed: Know thine enemy. You cannot do that if you don't try to get inside their mind however uncomfortable it may be to fit one's great intellectual majesty into the tiddling little brain of a creationist.
  • We play into their hands if we get angry. [I think the anger is entirely justified but counterproductive.]

That said there are many potential conversationalists where it is not worth spending much effort engaging in conversation, and young earth creationists rank high on that list.

You know nothing. Wanna know how I know? Trinity.

I think we

It's a ladder. Starts at the beginning, 1. Reaches for the end, we. Fails in the middle, think. If you're thinking numbers and structure doesn't matter, you're not doing any engineering.

So what are you doing? You're taking a fucking guess. An hypothesis.

Your hypothesis is wrong, Wanna know how I know? Choice.

Religion. Spirituality.

There is no choice. Are you an atheist? Cause if you're agnostic, you're wrong.

Wanna know how I know?
Here's two words to think about: Evil. Kill. Can you remember them words? Wanna play the market? Them two words right there - can make all other words go away - now ask yourself...

How the fuck can that be possible?

It's a numbers game. If you can't turn evil into zero, if you can't push good beyond the infinite, you can't play this game.

Go back to fucking dreamland. There is more certainty in me, than in the world - and that is never supposed to happen.

How fucking simple can it be? Good? Evil?
So how is it possible that the most valuable word on the planet, is evil?
So how is it possible that the most valuable resource on the planet, is kill?

Because it's an inversion, fool. You can get rocked, or you can rule.
Try and teach me what? That you haven't been schooled?

Everything you need to know. Now the only thing you hafta believe in, is yourself.

Let's try again. You have a choice, but one must go...

Time. Humanity.

Yes, there's gonna be a test.
Yes, this question is on the test.
This question is the test.
You do not wanna get this question wrong.

30-10-2011, 04:05 PM
I really do wish people would post on this forum with rational arguments rather than incredibly bad poetry.
30-10-2011, 04:19 PM
(30-10-2011 01:34 PM)angry_liberal Wrote:  

Yeah, that wasn't neighborly... I got just the thing:

Allah akbar

Yeah, boyee! That's the stuff, right there. Know what that is? Of course you fucking don't, that's why I'm gonna tell you.

It's a pair of fives. Are you gonna try and tell me, a pair a fives; doesn't beat a singleton four?

Know what an empty set is? Harmonics? If you're an atheist, that's what I just gave you. Empty-set harmonics. Now listen: A - lah ak - bah.

Yeah, it's a four. No, it is not a fucking coincidence. It is the fucking numbers. ...

Yeah, you're right. I'm asshole. Another fucking know it all. Then let me know one thing, atheist; this you should be able to understand:

The power is in your head. Think you can use that power to stop the global economic collapse?
Or are you ready to know how to use that power to stop the global economic collapse?

...uh, the one that started with, what Bear-Sterns? Lehman Brothers? You think that was a fucking accident?

You think people have that kinda money, they "accidentally" lose it?