Creationist Censorship

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2016, 07:39 AM
Creationist Censorship
Does anyone know of a single Creationist website, forum, blog or YouTube channel that doesn't engage in censorship?

I can't think of a more obvious example of collective dishonesty than holding a position that you yourself know does not stand up to scrutiny.

Time and again I come across instances where comments made by others who question the creationist claims are truncated or disappear, or individuals are blocked from commenting when their comments throw light on the dishonesty that is creationism. On other occasions I've made a comment which provides facts and evidence that contradicts the creationist nonsense only to have the comment removed and replaced by a misrepresentation of the comment.

Many creationists go so far as to try and redefine what's a fact. Ken Ham wants to redefine the word "science" to mean "just knowledge." That way absolutely anything can be masqueraded as science and therefore credible.

It is deeply dishonest.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post
07-10-2016, 08:03 AM
RE: Creationist Censorship
(07-10-2016 07:39 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Does anyone know of a single Creationist website, forum, blog or YouTube channel that doesn't engage in censorship?

I can't think of a more obvious example of collective dishonesty than holding a position that you yourself know does not stand up to scrutiny.

Time and again I come across instances where comments made by others who question the creationist claims are truncated or disappear, or individuals are blocked from commenting when their comments throw light on the dishonesty that is creationism. On other occasions I've made a comment which provides facts and evidence that contradicts the creationist nonsense only to have the comment removed and replaced by a misrepresentation of the comment.

Many creationists go so far as to try and redefine what's a fact. Ken Ham wants to redefine the word "science" to mean "just knowledge." That way absolutely anything can be masqueraded as science and therefore credible.

It is deeply dishonest.

They have to, their little world can unravel when the smallest of facts pierce their bubble of delusion.

You really can't know for sure if the chief protagonists of creationist psuedo science are simply doing it for notoriety and money or they actually believe it.

They even made up their own type of science to protect their little creationist bubble - "Observational science" vs. "Historical science".

“Observational” vs. “historical” science? Pure bunk!

It's their way of insulating themselves from truth, they can easily dismiss evidence that contradicts their mythical viewpoint without considering it.

Another variant of bubble terminology is "secular science" or "secular scholars".

I pointed a former friend of mine to an article that debunked the accuracy of biblical authorship, he simply dismissed it as written by "secular scholars".

Gotta stay in that fantasy bubble........

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 6 users Like TheInquisition's post
07-10-2016, 08:07 AM
I haven't come across very many. The only one that sort of seems to go for the scholarly approach and it's a church website--is Grace International. I found a few articles on there by an actual biblical scholar explaining passages in their correct historical context. But for the most part, I'd say no, most websites go the magic route. Ken Ham's is one of the worst.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
13-10-2016, 11:16 AM
On the flip side, comments by creationists are ENCOURAGED on actual scientific videos and sites, because we all want their comments to be seen by everyone. Smile
[+] 6 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
13-10-2016, 11:18 AM
"Comments are disabled for this video."

'Nuff said. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2016, 12:58 PM
(13-10-2016 11:16 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  On the flip side, comments by creationists are ENCOURAGED on actual scientific videos and sites, because we all want their comments to be seen by everyone. Smile

Fundies Say the Darndest (sic) Things! I visited once. I have too much empathy to laugh at that sort of fail. It's just pathetic.
02-11-2016, 06:45 AM
(07-10-2016 07:39 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Does anyone know of a single Creationist website, forum, blog or YouTube channel that doesn't engage in censorship?

It is deeply dishonest.

Does anyone know of a single atheist website, forum, blog or YouTube channel that doesn't engage in bullying, hatred, condescension, intimidation, vulgarity, and ganging up on Christians until they leave in frustration and futility of ever so much as being considered?

It's deeply anti-intellectual and irrational, as well as dishonest, given atheist claims to the contrary.

IF, in fact, you atheists are so very good, where are your hospitals? Your colleges? Your homes for the sick, the poor of all beliefs? Zero. Nothing like those provided by the Catholics, Baptists, Jews, Lutherens. No Ivy League colleges have "atheism" in their charters. They all specify Jesus Christ.

There's some food for thought, should just one of you consider anything outside your profoundly restricted dogma, even for a moment.

"Let him who hath no sword sell his garment and buy one."
02-11-2016, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2016 07:41 AM by TheInquisition.)
(02-11-2016 06:45 AM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  

It is deeply dishonest.

Does anyone know of a single atheist website, forum, blog or YouTube channel that doesn't engage in bullying, hatred, condescension, intimidation, vulgarity, and ganging up on Christians until they leave in frustration and futility of ever so much as being considered?

It's deeply anti-intellectual and irrational, as well as dishonest, given atheist claims to the contrary.

IF, in fact, you atheists are so very good, where are your hospitals? Your colleges? Your homes for the sick, the poor of all beliefs? Zero. Nothing like those provided by the Catholics, Baptists, Jews, Lutherens. No Ivy League colleges have "atheism" in their charters. They all specify Jesus Christ.

There's some food for thought, should just one of you consider anything outside your profoundly restricted dogma, even for a moment.

Why should your viewpoints be considered without considering the manner in which they are presented, you leveled accusations and insults in all of your posts. You're not interested in any meaningful dialog, you're just performing your own little crusade while screaming about how bad atheists are.

Do you honestly think this is an effective means for getting anyone to take you seriously?

Do you honestly think the group of people that you are throwing insults and accusations at see anything but a religious person filled with hate?

That's the supposed "Christ-like" example we see from you. Drinking Beverage

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
02-11-2016, 07:15 AM
[Image: 2l96slk.jpg]
02-11-2016, 07:23 AM
(02-11-2016 06:45 AM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  

It is deeply dishonest.

“I agree with yours of the 22d that a professorship of Theology should have no place in our institution. but we cannot always do what is absolutely best. those with whom we act, entertaining different views, have the power and the right of carrying them into practice. truth advances, & error recedes step by step only; and to do to our fellow-men the most good in our power, we must lead where we can, follow where we cannot, and still go with them, watching always the favorable moment for helping them to another step.

[Comment on establishing Jefferson's University of Virginia, a secular college, in a letter to Thomas Cooper 7 October 1814]”
― Thomas Jefferson, Letters of Thomas Jefferson

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post