Creationist Censorship

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2016, 07:37 AM
RE: Creationist Censorship
(02-11-2016 06:45 AM)RenaissanceMan Wrote:  IF, in fact, you atheists are so very good, where are your hospitals? Your colleges? Your homes for the sick, the poor of all beliefs? Zero. Nothing like those provided by the Catholics, Baptists, Jews, Lutherens. No Ivy League colleges have "atheism" in their charters. They all specify Jesus Christ.

There are plenty of secular hospitals, colleges, and charities but atheists don't particularly feel the need to force non-belief onto others before we offer help. We are not threatened by somebody praying in a secular hospital because we know that the important thing is that they are getting the medical care that is the result of science. We don't make people sit for an hour of "there's no reason to believe in god" before we hand out food to the homeless. We prefer to send food, clothing, and medical supplies to disaster victims instead of bibles. We also don't care if people working in secular organizations are believers as long as they aren't trying to force their personal beliefs on others without evidence.

We don't limit education by tying it to a foundation based on ancient myths from generally barbaric societies. The reason you don't see "atheist" institutions is that you don't understand that atheism isn't a worldview, it is the rejection of a worldview. What each atheist adopts as their worldview instead of theism varies greatly.

Quote:"Let him who hath no sword sell his garment and buy one."

For somebody so adamant about enumerating killings you have a very violent core.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
02-11-2016, 10:45 PM
To be fair, religious websites have every right to police what content is posted on their pages. It's not like it's a First Amendment infringement or anything.

Really, if they keep to themselves and don't try to enter the public sphere (i.e. government, lawmaking, etc) and present their materials as scientific fact, I don't see any reason to go after them on their private webpages and demand they explain themselves. They don't owe anyone any explanation, to be perfectly honest.
[+] 2 users Like ViolexTV's post
03-11-2016, 02:29 AM
(02-11-2016 10:45 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  To be fair, religious websites have every right to police what content is posted on their pages. It's not like it's a First Amendment infringement or anything.

Really, if they keep to themselves and don't try to enter the public sphere (i.e. government, lawmaking, etc) and present their materials as scientific fact, I don't see any reason to go after them on their private webpages and demand they explain themselves. They don't owe anyone any explanation, to be perfectly honest.

But that's the problem. They don't keep their beliefs to themselves. They do try to influence public policy in a manner that either promotes their beliefs or seeks to attain privileges or restricts freedoms. They do try to misrepresent science.

Which is why they are quite justifiably called to account. And which makes their censorship of such scrutiny deeply dishonest.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
22-12-2016, 09:06 PM
(07-10-2016 07:39 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Does anyone know of a single Creationist website, forum, blog or YouTube channel that doesn't engage in censorship?

I can't think of a more obvious example of collective dishonesty than holding a position that you yourself know does not stand up to scrutiny.

Time and again I come across instances where comments made by others who question the creationist claims are truncated or disappear, or individuals are blocked from commenting when their comments throw light on the dishonesty that is creationism. On other occasions I've made a comment which provides facts and evidence that contradicts the creationist nonsense only to have the comment removed and replaced by a misrepresentation of the comment.

Many creationists go so far as to try and redefine what's a fact. Ken Ham wants to redefine the word "science" to mean "just knowledge." That way absolutely anything can be masqueraded as science and therefore credible.

It is deeply dishonest.

Science
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge......
22-12-2016, 10:41 PM
(22-12-2016 09:06 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 07:39 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Does anyone know of a single Creationist website, forum, blog or YouTube channel that doesn't engage in censorship?

I can't think of a more obvious example of collective dishonesty than holding a position that you yourself know does not stand up to scrutiny.

Time and again I come across instances where comments made by others who question the creationist claims are truncated or disappear, or individuals are blocked from commenting when their comments throw light on the dishonesty that is creationism. On other occasions I've made a comment which provides facts and evidence that contradicts the creationist nonsense only to have the comment removed and replaced by a misrepresentation of the comment.

Many creationists go so far as to try and redefine what's a fact. Ken Ham wants to redefine the word "science" to mean "just knowledge." That way absolutely anything can be masqueraded as science and therefore credible.

It is deeply dishonest.

Science
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge......

[Image: D5Gsn7X.jpg]