Creationist Museum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2012, 12:44 PM
RE: Creationist Museum
My real issue with the museum is that it actualy has a church's tax exempt status even though it atempts to be considered a museum. I don't see how you can argue for tax exempt status for say a christian book store based on its religion. These insane displays of willful ignorance are not only repugnant but also buttressed in on the churches tax exemption status. So the real outrage beyond the possibility of schools taking field trips to these establishment is that we pay for them.

My home state, Missouri has been working on their own museum for a while. I'm not sure what small town they are currently planning to put it in or if they've succeeded in planning a site within Branson, but I have a huge objection with the idea that this fake museum can be called a church legally. I can't stand paying for a basilica, but it's even worse for me to pay for a fake museum. There is no reason that things like this should ever get tax exempt status. They do not help the community in any way.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2012, 12:58 PM
(14-05-2012 08:27 PM)Thomas Wrote:  This makes me embarrassed to be an American.

Some gems from the faithful:
"It takes more faith to believe in evolution than creation."
"Evolution is just not based on facts"

I do believe the day will come when we consider teaching children biblical creationism as fact child abuse and we take the kids away from the parents.
[Image: 3770.jpg]

Hey smartguy, if people came from monkeys, hows come there's still monkeys? Betcha can't answer that! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

Eviloutionists is so dumb!!!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
15-05-2012, 01:03 PM
(15-05-2012 12:44 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  My real issue with the museum is that it actualy has a church's tax exempt status even though it atempts to be considered a museum. I don't see how you can argue for tax exempt status for say a christian book store based on its religion. These insane displays of willful ignorance are not only repugnant but also buttressed in on the churches tax exemption status. So the real outrage beyond the possibility of schools taking field trips to these establishment is that we pay for them.

My home state, Missouri has been working on their own museum for a while. I'm not sure what small town they are currently planning to put it in or if they've succeeded in planning a site within Branson, but I have a huge objection with the idea that this fake museum can be called a church legally. I can't stand paying for a basilica, but it's even worse for me to pay for a fake museum. There is no reason that things like this should ever get tax exempt status. They do not help the community in any way.
This might be a worthwhile case for some group like the ACLU or FFRF to attack. If these groups are getting state funds to build these 'museums', then they violate the First Amendment.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
15-05-2012, 03:32 PM

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?