Creationist "Peer Review"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: Creationist "Peer Review"
Well, in all fairness "peer review" can come in many forms. Let's just say that these tree stumps are all out in a field somewhere. They can be reviewed by their fellow stumps. "Yup, that's a stump, what do you think, Woody?". "Yup, that there is another stump." Fellow creationists are just equally dispersed between the stumps. Difference is, they can talk, and the rest of the stumps can't.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
17-05-2016, 08:12 PM
(17-05-2016 07:39 PM)DLJ Wrote:  International Flat Earth Conference.
- Sponsored by G2-D, Geo 2-Dimensions.

"Many staff members here at G2-D, with doctorate degrees in a variety of science and other fields, plan to attend the IFEC and present their peer-reviewed research papers. You’ve probably heard the false claims of many secularists who say that flat earth research isn’t conducted and reviewed. This major international conference refutes that ridiculous falsehood. Of course, many secularists claim that if a person (even a person with a PhD) believes in geo-lateralism, then he or she can’t be a real scientist! That’s the sort of prejudice and intolerance that exists in the secular world."

Dodgy

I want to attend. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-05-2016, 08:31 AM
The editor of the "Answers Research Journal" is one Andrew Snelling who is a creationist geologist. He has a Ph.D. in geology from the University of Sydney and has worked as a consulting geologist. He was, for a decade, the geology spokesman for the Creation Science Foundation, the coordinating center for creationism in Australia.

Snelling has been published in standard geological publications estimating the age of geological specimens in billions of years. Strangely though he seems to be able perform logical somersaults because he's written articles for creationist journals in which he supports a young-earth creationism viewpoint.

His creation research has focused on dating methods, with his pet project being polonium halos, which according to Answers in Genesis, he has used to "demonstrate" that most rock layers and fossils were deposited by a global flood 4,300 years ago. Strange to say he has been repeatedly passed over for a Nobel prize despite the obvious importance of this discovery.

Wonder why? Drinking Beverage

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
18-05-2016, 08:36 AM
(18-05-2016 08:31 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  The editor of the "Answers Research Journal" is one Andrew Snelling who is a creationist geologist. He has a Ph.D. in geology from the University of Sydney and has worked as a consulting geologist. He was, for a decade, the geology spokesman for the Creation Science Foundation, the coordinating center for creationism in Australia.

Snelling has been published in standard geological publications estimating the age of geological specimens in billions of years. Strangely though he seems to be able perform logical somersaults because he's written articles for creationist journals in which he supports a young-earth creationism viewpoint.

His creation research has focused on dating methods, with his pet project being polonium halos, which according to Answers in Genesis, he has used to "demonstrate" that most rock layers and fossils were deposited by a global flood 4,300 years ago. Strange to say he has been repeatedly passed over for a Nobel prize despite the obvious importance of this discovery.

Laughat

*raises hand*
Oooooh oooooh ooooh
Pick me...pick me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-05-2016, 08:43 AM
(18-05-2016 08:36 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 08:31 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  The editor of the "Answers Research Journal" is one Andrew Snelling who is a creationist geologist. He has a Ph.D. in geology from the University of Sydney and has worked as a consulting geologist. He was, for a decade, the geology spokesman for the Creation Science Foundation, the coordinating center for creationism in Australia.

Laughat

*raises hand*
Oooooh oooooh ooooh
Pick me...pick me.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
18-05-2016, 08:49 AM
(18-05-2016 08:43 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 08:36 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Laughat

*raises hand*
Oooooh oooooh ooooh
Pick me...pick me.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Oh wow...I'm a sweathog!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-05-2016, 09:26 AM

Polonium Halos
. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
19-05-2016, 09:01 AM
(18-05-2016 09:26 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  

Polonium Halos
. Facepalm

Read through your cited article. Facepalm indeed. Some bad science, there.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
19-05-2016, 09:49 AM
I just saw the term "geo-lateralism"......

Really???

Obviously methane is conducive to verbal gymnastics.......

Only someone breathing inside their own asshole could get the levels of contortion needed (both physical and verbal) to come up with "geo-lateralism" and say it with a straight face...................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
19-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Polonium halos - selective use of evidence, faulty experiment design, mistakes in geology and physics, and unscientific principles of investigation and argument style.

Says it all really.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post