Creationist Video Claims Magic Is The Work of The Devil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2014, 06:07 AM
RE: Creationist Video Claims Magic Is The Work of The Devil
I always thought it was the work of David Copperfield et al

Here he is making a rose float Ohmy

[Image: 4bf5883ca89fb97bc24f175c77160c77]

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
01-04-2014, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 06:57 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(01-04-2014 06:07 AM)Eva Wrote:  I always thought it was the work of David Copperfield et al

Here he is making a rose float Ohmy

[Image: 4bf5883ca89fb97bc24f175c77160c77]

Photoshop... Drinking Beverage

Case in point, here is Copperfield making an astronaut float...

[Image: Copperfield_Astronaughtcopy.jpg]

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-04-2014, 07:00 AM
Is this some weird southern thing? Almost all my church experience comes from northern states, like MN or NY, and the crazy didn't seem to start till I got to the southern half of the USA. I think I was taught fairy tales that had God in them with the magic. I vaguely recall a good witch who served God granting wishes to an impoverished young girl. And what about Veggie Tales? Weren't THOSE full of magic? No one seemed to mind that. I'm also fairly certain that Harry Potter celebrated Christmas and Easter. And Merlin from the king Arthur stories talked about Jesus (not to mention that whole Holy Grail thing).

Fundamentalist crazies are just that, crazy. They're cuckoo nutters.
01-04-2014, 07:29 AM
(01-04-2014 06:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 4bf5883ca89fb97bc24f175c77160c77]

Photoshop... Drinking Beverage

Tongue
[/quote]

Oooohhhh don't burst my bubble....I was happily sat here thoroughly impressed with Dave's floating magic rose Smokin <----no real reason for that smiley, I just saw it and liked him.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
01-04-2014, 09:17 AM
(01-04-2014 07:29 AM)Eva Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 06:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Photoshop... Drinking Beverage

Tongue

Oooohhhh don't burst my bubble....I was happily sat here thoroughly impressed with Dave's floating magic rose Smokin <----no real reason for that smiley, I just saw it and liked him.

[Image: We-need-to-go-deeper_inception.jpg]

[Image: Copperfield_himself.jpg]

You're welcome! Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-04-2014, 10:19 AM
(01-04-2014 09:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 07:29 AM)Eva Wrote:  Oooohhhh don't burst my bubble....I was happily sat here thoroughly impressed with Dave's floating magic rose Smokin <----no real reason for that smiley, I just saw it and liked him.

[Image: We-need-to-go-deeper_inception.jpg]

[Image: Copperfield_himself.jpg]

You're welcome! Tongue

DAMN, he's good! Can he make Eva float too?

NE1 notice how much he looks like Zoolander?

[Image: giphy.gif]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
01-04-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm floating...Dave did it!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Go deeper? How about recursion!

[Image: 9V5T5z1.gif]
01-04-2014, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 11:37 AM by Aleprauchanist.)
(28-03-2014 03:01 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  So, there's this Christian propaganda video that promotes magic as being the work of the devil. This is not the first time I have heard this, since quite a few churches spoke out about things like Harry Potter being evil because it involves magic. Now, what I'm thoroughly confused by is this:

1. The authors of books like the Harry Potter series, The Lord of The Rings series and the like have never claimed the magic in those books as something to be taken for truth. Those authors never said "This is all true! Tell your children they need to believe in the magic presented in my books!"

2. THE BIBLE IS FULL OF FUCKING MAGIC!!!: A god creating the universe just by wishing it, talking snakes, burning bushes that talk, a man parting the Red Sea, all the countless miracles supposedly performed by Jesus: walking on water, magically curing people of leprosy, etc.!

These Christians are claiming that letting children have fun with their imagination with stories about wizards and other magic is evil, but indoctrinating kids to believe in some vengeful god and all the ridiculous magical stories in the book that is supposedly his word is not harmful at all. In fact, it's absolutely necessary to them.

I loved books about wizards and magic stuff like that when I was a kid, as did many of my friends, AND WE KNEW IT WASN'T TRUE! It was simply something to have fun using your imagination. Apparently, any kid who likes to use their imagination can't tell the difference between reality and make-believe...Facepalm

It just blows my mind that Christians cannot see their hypocrisy in all of this.

The person who created the video changed it to a private video, so if you haven't seen it and want to check it out, you can watch it on this video by Jaclyn Glenn. It's one of many videos she has made on religious topics:

My Grandma is a Jehova's Witness and said the same thing to me as a kid when I would read Harry potter books. Except I never threw them away.
01-04-2014, 11:33 AM
(01-04-2014 11:17 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Go deeper? How about recursion!

[Image: 9V5T5z1.gif]

Now I've got a damn headache...

[Image: NO_U_cycle.gif]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop