Creationist confuses evolution with creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Creationist confuses evolution with creationism
I've been having a debate with a creationist who cited a recent article about trilobite evolution from that well-known fount of brainless wackiness and intentional ignorance, the Institute of Creation Research.

The article can be found here

In it the author makes this surprising claim - and yes I know the claims that come out of the ICR are always going to surprise people in the wrong way - that "According to evolution theory, trilobites appeared fully formed about 540 million years ago...."

Errrr..............no........I think he'll find that it's the creationists who make the claim that the trilobites appeared fully formed. Ok so he's probably right about the trilobites appearing at the start of the Cambrian.

Creationists - so stupid they can't get their theories right.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Silly Deity's post
10-04-2018, 04:25 AM
RE: Creationist confuses evolution with creationism
The article sounds acceptable because it only proves that theory of evolution will remain theory. I would consider theory of evolution true when soil turned to a man.
10-04-2018, 05:16 AM
(10-04-2018 04:25 AM)347eat Wrote:  The article sounds acceptable because it only proves that theory of evolution will remain theory. I would consider theory of evolution true when soil turned to a man.

Since Genesis 2:7 states, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.", are we to assume that you accept evolutionary theory as true?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 6 users Like Silly Deity's post
10-04-2018, 05:52 AM
(10-04-2018 04:25 AM)347eat Wrote:  The article sounds acceptable because it only proves that theory of evolution will remain theory. I would consider theory of evolution true when soil turned to a man.

If "soil turned [in]to a man" it would not confirm evolution, it would be a huge problem for the theory of evolution by natural selection. Luckily that only happens in books of mythology so science doesn't have to take it into account.

By the way, theory of evolution WILL remain theory because that's all it needs to be and saying otherwise indicates how little you understand what science does.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
10-04-2018, 06:06 AM
(10-04-2018 05:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  By the way, theory of evolution WILL remain theory because that's all it needs to be and saying otherwise indicates how little you understand what science does.
If evidence warrants it could be promoted to a law.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
10-04-2018, 06:11 AM
Nothing ever gets etched in stone with science. It can just seem that way when a really useful theory shows great endurance. But you never know what might spark a revision.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
10-04-2018, 06:37 AM
(10-04-2018 06:06 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(10-04-2018 05:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  By the way, theory of evolution WILL remain theory because that's all it needs to be and saying otherwise indicates how little you understand what science does.
If evidence warrants it could be promoted to a law.

Facepalm

Laugh out load

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
10-04-2018, 06:46 AM
(10-04-2018 04:25 AM)347eat Wrote:  I would consider theory of evolution true when soil turned to a man.

That sounds more like transmutation than evolution.

That'd be like saying "I'll believe in YHWH when Odin reveals himself".
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
10-04-2018, 06:46 AM

> And we will not take you seriously until you indicate that you have an actual scholarly understanding of evolutionary theory. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
10-04-2018, 06:55 AM
Creationists have a fundamental misunderstanding of the Cambrian Explosion, and that leads to some very whacky straw men of evolution and the fossil record

Paleobeard.com
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post