Creationist evolution vs actual evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2013, 06:05 AM
RE: Creationist evolution vs actual evolution
Sup, GE.

Nice bit of insight.

Y'know, it's funny. I'm well versed in evolutionary theory. But when I saw that, I realised that that idea was buried somewhere in the back of my unconscious. I suppose that shows how ubiquitous that idea is.

Hey, Chas.

Yeah, they both happen, but I think the point is that some people think that's the only thing that happens.

Again, it's funny, I don't think I ever truly understood the "we come from monkeys" argument until I saw this. I mean, I understood why we didn't, but not why people thought that.

Anyhoo, this has been a nice bit of mental spring cleaning. Lovely that it coincides with the snow finally melting Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
29-03-2013, 06:15 AM
(29-03-2013 06:05 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Sup, GE.

Nice bit of insight.

Y'know, it's funny. I'm well versed in evolutionary theory. But when I saw that, I realised that that idea was buried somewhere in the back of my unconscious. I suppose that shows how ubiquitous that idea is.

Hey, Chas.

Yeah, they both happen, but I think the point is that some people think that's the only thing that happens.

Again, it's funny, I don't think I ever truly understood the "we come from monkeys" argument until I saw this. I mean, I understood why we didn't, but not why people thought that.

Anyhoo, this has been a nice bit of mental spring cleaning. Lovely that it coincides with the snow finally melting Cool

Matt

Just clarifying - the OP might have implied to some that it was only the former and never the latter.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2013, 06:19 AM
(29-03-2013 06:05 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Anyhoo, this has been a nice bit of mental spring cleaning. Lovely that it coincides with the snow finally melting Cool

Matt

Erm, well, I thought that I understood it but I'm not so sure now.

Are you saying that the snow has transitioned into water?

If that is the case, why do we still get snow?

Huh

Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
01-04-2013, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 02:02 PM by ghostexorcist.)
(29-03-2013 06:05 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Sup, GE.

Nice bit of insight.

Thanks. Visual aids are very handy.

(29-03-2013 06:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  Just clarifying - the OP might have implied to some that it was only the former and never the latter.

No, I wasn't implying one or the other. The point I was trying to make is that many creationists I've met or have heard about think anagenesis is the only mode of evolution. The transition between Homo erectus and Homo sapien could be considered an example of anagenesis since the former is extinct. But creationists forget that numerous humans species came before them. It didn't go modern monkey/ape --> missing Link --> human.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user