Creationist (mis)understanding of science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2016, 10:16 PM
RE: Creationist (mis)understanding of science
It's an exercise in futility trying to have a rational conversation with an irrational person. I try to avoid them anymore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Creationist (mis)understanding of science
(08-12-2016 09:37 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  [Image: Meme-134.jpg]

I think part of the problem is that there are so many fake-science or anti-science websites. If you use Google to search for something like "proof of evolution" I guarantee you'll be faced with a multitude of evangelical christian fruit-loop sites together with those multiple conspiracy theorists. Many have dishonest names like "CommonSenseScience" etc.

If you're a gullible, under-educated, creationist you're going to go straight to one of those sites and swallow their utter garbage hook line and sinker.

If you are dismissive of those sites then the come-back is usually, "Well you would say that wouldn't you!". And even if you point them in the direction of genuine science websites you'll still get the "It's-all-a-big-conspiracy-by-scientists" from the cretins.

Yes, the WWW is a wonderful tool, but it's also a means for the nastiest nut-cases to spout their intolerance, repressive ideologies and ignorance.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post