Creationist (mis)understanding of science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2016, 10:16 PM
RE: Creationist (mis)understanding of science
It's an exercise in futility trying to have a rational conversation with an irrational person. I try to avoid them anymore.

I've recently grown rudimentary legs and am making the move from water to land.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Creationist (mis)understanding of science
(08-12-2016 09:37 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  [Image: Meme-134.jpg]

I think part of the problem is that there are so many fake-science or anti-science websites. If you use Google to search for something like "proof of evolution" I guarantee you'll be faced with a multitude of evangelical christian fruit-loop sites together with those multiple conspiracy theorists. Many have dishonest names like "CommonSenseScience" etc.

If you're a gullible, under-educated, creationist you're going to go straight to one of those sites and swallow their utter garbage hook line and sinker.

If you are dismissive of those sites then the come-back is usually, "Well you would say that wouldn't you!". And even if you point them in the direction of genuine science websites you'll still get the "It's-all-a-big-conspiracy-by-scientists" from the cretins.

Yes, the WWW is a wonderful tool, but it's also a means for the nastiest nut-cases to spout their intolerance, repressive ideologies and ignorance.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post