Creationist offers monetary reward for disproving the bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2013, 06:50 AM
RE: Creationist offers monetary reward for disproving the bible
What we need to do is both offer the proof then get ourselves a mafia bookie to collect.

I guarantee you that challenge will disappear without a whimper.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2013, 06:52 AM
(27-09-2013 06:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  There simply hasn't been a demonstration that evolution can produce a new species let alone the diversity in life seen today. Now I understand that you view the diversity of life seen today as evidence that evolution can produce the diversity of life seen today, but I on the other hand view such evidence as circular.

Now I believe evolution has produced the diversity of life we see today. But I don't live in some fantasy bubble like you do and pretend something has been demonstrated when it hasn't.

A) Why, then, do you believe it?

B) Are you for real? It has been demonstrated as surely and comprehensively as anything ever.

(02-09-2013 09:05 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Do you want observations of speciation, then?

I've a go-to post on the topic. It's really special to watch certain people utterly ignore it. It's been a few months, actually, there's probably more I could add...

(12-06-2013 09:53 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Speciation: evidence for, speculation on, and discussion of.
Some
examples
from
the
past
year.

... this is my signature!
27-09-2013, 06:56 AM
(27-09-2013 06:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I feel sorry for you Chas because it is you who doesn't really understand the evidence. There simply hasn't been a demonstration that evolution can produce a new species let alone the diversity in life seen today. Now I understand that you view the diversity of life seen today as evidence that evolution can produce the diversity of life seen today, but I on the other hand view such evidence as circular.

Now I believe evolution has produced the diversity of life we see today. But I don't live in some fanstasy bubble like you do and pretend something has been demonstrated when it hasn't.

[Image: post-25049-laughing-out-loud-lol-gif-Now-xlnU.gif]

Peppered Moth evolution.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
27-09-2013, 07:09 AM
Re: RE: Creationist offers monetary reward for disproving the bible
(27-09-2013 06:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(27-09-2013 06:26 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  And that's actually wrong. But you continue to repeat the point ongoing.

If it has been demonstrated that evolution can produce a new species then you should be able to present that demonstration.

Now I believe in evolution so I am not arguing that evolution doesn't happen, or isn't the best explanation to explain the diversity of life we see today. I am only arguing that evolution has never been demonstrated as being capable of producing the diversity of life we see today.

If I am wrong it should be a cake walk for you to present a scientific experiment that shows that I am wrong. You won't because you can't because it hasn't been done.

It's hard to declare what a person will take as evolution since people can tend to jump from different concepts of species.. So here's varried style shifts, but I'm just on a phone typing this.

There's various sighted insects variations like apple fruit flies witnessed in timetable changed to split into another species to eat from a more domestic tree type.

A in act of evolving from a trend is these Lizards in Australia that have some split groups of lizards changing from egg laying to live birthing. These are of the yellow bellyed there toed Skink.

Also Italian Wall Lizards are a example seen from when the shift happened. Several were moved from 1 island to the next in the 70s? But now the moved ones have evolved to traits that don't match their history. They adjusted to eat different vegetation and formed quite different features in the short time. I'm not sure if they can interbreed with the previous locale species or not though.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
27-09-2013, 07:55 AM
(27-09-2013 07:09 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(27-09-2013 06:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If it has been demonstrated that evolution can produce a new species then you should be able to present that demonstration.

Now I believe in evolution so I am not arguing that evolution doesn't happen, or isn't the best explanation to explain the diversity of life we see today. I am only arguing that evolution has never been demonstrated as being capable of producing the diversity of life we see today.

If I am wrong it should be a cake walk for you to present a scientific experiment that shows that I am wrong. You won't because you can't because it hasn't been done.

It's hard to declare what a person will take as evolution since people can tend to jump from different concepts of species.. So here's varried style shifts, but I'm just on a phone typing this.

There's various sighted insects variations like apple fruit flies witnessed in timetable changed to split into another species to eat from a more domestic tree type.

A in act of evolving from a trend is these Lizards in Australia that have some split groups of lizards changing from egg laying to live birthing. These are of the yellow bellyed there toed Skink.

Also Italian Wall Lizards are a example seen from when the shift happened. Several were moved from 1 island to the next in the 70s? But now the moved ones have evolved to traits that don't match their history. They adjusted to eat different vegetation and formed quite different features in the short time. I'm not sure if they can interbreed with the previous locale species or not though.

If the two "species" are so similar that they can continue to interbreed, I don't consider it a demonstration of evolution producing a new species. Fundamentally a dog remains a dog. A lizard remains a lizard, and a coral remains a coral. Now I am not asking you to show me a cat which evolved from a dog or a whale which evolved from a cow, but rather just a demonstration of an incident where it was observed that descendent "species" could not longer breed with a predecessor species. For instance a population of rats that is segregated from the rest of the rats in the world evolves into something which can not longer breed with rats.

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
27-09-2013, 08:07 AM
To be fair, if the judge decides evolution isn't proven, the creationist should only be able to take the money if the judge decides creation was proven instead. Otherwise, give the money to charity.

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
27-09-2013, 08:10 AM
(27-09-2013 05:15 AM)BnW Wrote:  Why does this have to be an evolution debate? The contest is to disprove the literal interpretation of the bible. You send out a few geologists who use radiometric dating of isotopes to show the earth is billions, not thousands, of years old and you're home by lunch time.

This assumes this "trial" has not stacked the deck with a creationist "judge" who will refuse to acknowledge scientific evidence.

Age of earth is not explicitly mentioned in Bible.

Woulda thought the shit like unicorns maybe...

Or y'know, apparitions of angels and frikken talking snakes and men getting swallowed by fish and getting sicked up 3 days later, or the fact that the Jesus genealogies don't match in the two gospels that mention them...
27-09-2013, 08:15 AM
(27-09-2013 05:04 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Its never been shown that evolution is capable of creating the diversity of life we see today.

The two main reasons that I'm suicidal:

1) I'm way too in love with that dang Gwyneth Paltrow.

2) People like you.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Where's the celebration in human existence? Centuries of dogmatic religious oppression and persecution, or centuries of scientific exploration and enlightenment? Every time some person states nonsense like "evolution has not been demonstrated," it depreciates the countless hours invested by curious and intelligent beings in their exploration of the mechanisms of the natural world and the propagation of the discovered information.

This is the part of the human condition that I loathe. That so many would sanctify bigotry and hate while vilifying knowledge and learning.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Yabut, when are you gonna evolve? Smartass

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Very Misanthropik Bible Study Misanthropik 37 675 Today 12:46 AM
Last Post: JONES
  The Bible ok'ing abortion???? MrKrispy601 27 495 Yesterday 01:27 PM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
  Updated on my 3rd read of the bible MrKrispy601 24 335 20-07-2014 01:20 PM
Last Post: Fodder_From_The_Truth
  Hobby Lobby President Has Agenda To Have Mandatory Bible Curriculum In Public Schools WindyCityJazz 20 395 16-07-2014 06:13 AM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  does anyother creationist have a disclaimer ? Ace 5 109 14-07-2014 03:19 PM
Last Post: Reltzik
  Index to Creationist Claims Ace 7 125 12-07-2014 11:45 PM
Last Post: Ace
  Bible Golden Ratio "Code" TheLastEnemy 290 9,797 11-07-2014 10:42 AM
Last Post: Impulse