Creationist science quiz

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Creationist science quiz
Has anyone else seen this? It's a "science" quiz from a private school with an obvious creationist curriculum.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...ence-quiz/

[Image: Science-Quiz.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: Creationist science quiz
...this seems too "set up".

As a former teacher, I can say for certain that no teacher is going to put "4th Grade Science Quiz" on the quiz.

That's just not how test labeling works. No quiz identifies the grade level; likewise "science" is too generic. If it just said "Dinosaur Quiz" it would be more believable.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
25-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Just read the article. Definitely made up.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
25-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I saw this a few days ago and was tempted to post it. Your link gives it a bit more context. I do hope that this is either proved to be a hoax, or found to be true and dealt with. We know that this nonsense is being inflicted upon children, the Creation Museum is proof enough of that. But this example of a "Science Test", taught in a school, is one of those perfect examples that can raise awareness and that the majority can rally behind. But I remain skeptical of it's authenticity.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
09-05-2013, 10:48 PM
It has been said that it's from answers in genesis. my mom has a catalog of their homeschooling materials.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/store/pr...u=30-9-089
Even if this test is fake, it's still what is being taught in some home school books. Here are some photos I took, which even mislabel what they are doing as "critical thinking," telling students to "challenge evolutionary indoctrination", etc.

[Image: shit5-150x150.jpg]

[Image: shit4-150x150.jpg]

[Image: shit3-150x150.jpg]

[Image: shit2-150x150.jpg]
10-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Snopes seems to think its true. I tend to agree it seems legit.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-05-2013, 07:20 AM
(10-05-2013 01:42 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Snopes seems to think its true. I tend to agree it seems legit.

Then it was more of a "what did you learn from this DVD" quiz.
10-05-2013, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 02:44 PM by Bows and Arrows.)
at one point in time I thought of homeschooling my kids - I spent many hours in homeschool stores, teacher supply stores, parenting forums, online homeschool stores. This type of material FILLS these stores. And while this is blatant about evolution, they put the same fucked up spin on government, history, social studies....every course is twisted. These kids can't escape it. I just found a graphic on the circulatory system this past week with 'jesus is our blood' It sickens me.

here's the circulatory system graphic link
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h0PJbtiVdsQ/Tl...iagram.jpg

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
10-05-2013, 02:51 PM
^What bows and arrows said. I remember reading about one science book that said they put the bible first, science second. Science second. In a science book. And like the pics I posted above, a lot of stuff that teaches all subjects "from a christian point of view," or things saying that they don't teach anything that might contradict the bible.

Still, the thing that upset me most was in the catalog I was talking about, they say all this is actually teaching "critical thinking" skills. Religious propaganda =/= critical thinking skills.
10-05-2013, 02:55 PM
here's another http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/B...eca_rollup

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller