Creationist view of vestigial organs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2014, 08:09 PM
RE: Creationist view of vestigial organs
(17-09-2014 07:07 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  A biological anthropology group on face book that I follow posted the following link to a creationist website. It displays a straw man of what modern man would look like if we still had all of our vestigial organs. The result looks like a monster from tentacle hentai. I'm not kidding, the man looks like he is covered in dicks.

http://missinguniversemuseum.com/Exhibit6.htm

And some men act like they still are.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2014, 08:22 PM
[Image: resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-...931a79.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
17-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Someone should tell these folks about the spleen Drinking Beverage.
17-09-2014, 08:49 PM
[Image: Human-Tailbone.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
17-09-2014, 09:49 PM
(17-09-2014 08:49 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  [Image: Human-Tailbone.jpg]

That's not a tailbone, it's a vestigial tentacle bone. Checkmate, creationists!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
17-09-2014, 10:42 PM
eyeballs for nipples? Where the fuck are they even getting these vestigial organs from? Do they have any idea what vestigial organs actually are, what they were or where they are?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
18-09-2014, 05:17 AM
I got a more important question

why do guys have nipples ? its not like we need em for anything ? does this qualify as vestigial ?
18-09-2014, 07:28 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2014 07:39 AM by ghostexorcist.)
(18-09-2014 05:17 AM)Ace Wrote:  I got a more important question

why do guys have nipples ? its not like we need em for anything ? does this qualify as vestigial ?

It's neither adaptive or vestigial. They are just carry overs from similar development in the womb between the sexes. The evolutionary biologist and paleontologist Stephen J. Gould says the following in the attached paper (p. 83):

“Males and females are not separate entities, shaped independently by natural selection. Both sexes are variants upon a single ground plan, elaborated in later embryology. Male mammals have nipples because females need them—and the embryonic pathway to their development builds precursors in all mammalian fetuses, enlarging the breasts later in females but leaving them small (and without evidence function) in males.”

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Male Nipples and Clitoral Ripples.pdf (Size: 969.78 KB / Downloads: 30)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
18-09-2014, 07:44 AM
This shows why education is so important and that these fools decided to skip out on biology class in high school.
18-09-2014, 07:48 AM
(18-09-2014 07:28 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 05:17 AM)Ace Wrote:  I got a more important question

It's neither adaptive or vestigial. They are just carry overs from similar development in the womb between the sexes. The evolutionary biologist and paleontologist Stephen J. Gould says the following in the attached paper (p. 83):

“Males and females are not separate entities, shaped independently by natural selection. Both sexes are variants upon a single ground plan, elaborated in later embryology. Male mammals have nipples because females need them—and the embryonic pathway to their development builds precursors in all mammalian fetuses, enlarging the breasts later in females but leaving them small (and without evidence function) in males.”

so what do the creationists say about it ? have they come up with a reason why the creator who always has a shitty plan for everything would give men nipples ?