Creationists on campus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2015, 06:09 AM
RE: Creationists on campus
(01-04-2015 06:03 AM)natachan Wrote:  When they pointed to things like trees growing through rock I offered to show them videos and papers explaining that. They shied away. When I told them that Genesis literally said the earth was a flat circular disk surmounted by a dome holding out water they denied that EVEN WHEN I PULLED OUT MY PHONE AND PLAYED THE AUDIOBOOK VERSE TO THEM.

[Image: 728090af2e784da3b5cef2f004a69b81.jpg]

This is a new presentation as part of the Australian leg of the Unholy Trinity Tour with Matt Dillahunty and our own Seth Andrews, however this is just Aron Ra in this video.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-04-2015, 06:23 AM
(01-04-2015 06:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  This is a new presentation as part of the Australian leg

Unless there has been another major earthquake, Auckland is still in New Zealand.

Tongue

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
01-04-2015, 07:07 AM
(01-04-2015 06:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 06:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  This is a new presentation as part of the Australian leg

Unless there has been another major earthquake, Auckland is still in New Zealand.

Tongue

Unless it has been liberated by Australian ninjas.

[Image: 3363776_orig.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-04-2015, 09:16 AM
(01-04-2015 06:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Tongue

Yeah, they only really, really want to be part of Australia. Tongue

I dunno, I would have been far more confrontational with these creationist jerks, after seeing the "atheists just refuse to believe in god!" sign. I'd certainly ask them where they got off making assumptions like that, and how would they like it if I did the same to them. Creationists don't usually, you know, understand those points, because their religion has taught them that personal boundaries mean nothing unless the other person agrees with them, but it's still good to do.
[+] 1 user Likes Esquilax's post
01-04-2015, 09:29 AM
"Never argue with an idiot. They will pull you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."
01-04-2015, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 10:09 AM by natachan.)
(01-04-2015 09:16 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 06:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Unless there has been another major earthquake, Auckland is still in New Zealand.

Tongue

Yeah, they only really, really want to be part of Australia. Tongue

I dunno, I would have been far more confrontational with these creationist jerks, after seeing the "atheists just refuse to believe in god!" sign. I'd certainly ask them where they got off making assumptions like that, and how would they like it if I did the same to them. Creationists don't usually, you know, understand those points, because their religion has taught them that personal boundaries mean nothing unless the other person agrees with them, but it's still good to do.

I tried. Their eyes glazed over and they kept interrupting me.

I tried uploading one that made me yell at the guy there and call him a liar, but the file is too large.

This one got me to call them dishonest.

[Image: 19627_944733648900094_373744011121238049...e=55B645D7]

Edit: this is the one that got me yelling and calling them liars.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-04-2015, 09:57 AM
(31-03-2015 12:41 PM)natachan Wrote:  So, this is a thing. Trying to post photos but site says they're too big.

Spent 30 minutes arguing. My throat hurts.

Now all they have to do is explain why a letter written by someone named Saul about 2,000 years ago, (who may not have really existed), (see Jesusneverexisted.com) who in other letters, contradicting himself, said faith was a gift of the spirit (not a "given"), and that women should shut up, should be taken
seriously by modern humans, and those who don't buy the "Bible line". Then they can expalin how that quote is in line with "No one shall come to me unless the Father draw him" and "Many are called but few are chosen". Tell them they can take theit time. Then ask them, since we know that all believers have doubts, what their doubts concern.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Creationists on campus
Sure, if you take it out of context.

Smile
01-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Heh. Regarding that last picture that concludes "deep down, which one rings most true to your soul?", I'd respond "Trick question! There's no evidence we have souls!".
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
01-04-2015, 12:04 PM
It's not so bad, I mean it doesn't say we don't exist like many other religious wackos, it simply says we are rare. Drinking Beverage

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson