Creative Writing.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Creative Writing.
Sorry for my absence here. I've been busy elsewhere. I decided to concentrate on my creative writing, which I haven't done in nearly 3 decades and I am in grave need to hone my diction and grammer skills. I foyund a site just for aspiring writers and they are giving me support in this.

I was wondering who here writes and what do they write about. I personally am into Sci-Fi- and fantasy writing. I'm also into graphic magazines like Heavy Metal and love RPG. I'm half way through Skyrim, right now, but I used to be heavily into pin and paper games, like Dungeons and Dragons and the like.

I'd love to here about others interested in the same thing and also those who write in other areas. Such things are fascinating.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2012, 04:58 PM
RE: Creative Writing.
Personally I write things that are.... well... probably Sci-Fi with a bit of thriller/horror tossed in, with a focus on end-of-the-world types of things. Although I seem to have an obsession with fire given how much flames/fire makes an appearance in my stories. Some find a religious theme in them (others find a "you're going to hell over this!" theme).
Actually one of my recent manuscripts of an end-of-world theme technically has an atheist in it who does things out of safety instead of ritual (i.e. buying the dead--it's to keep the wild animals away). My newest (as in, only a few pages written) well let's just say it's going to be out there.... one of my friends compares my stories (not style/quality of course) as King-like. The new one he says is more of a radical over-the-top Clive Barker. I had one person claim that even if there wasn't a hell, one would be created just to put me in it for this new one--I take that as a good thing (I directly go after religion--it's not hidden, and it's not pleasant what happens in it). But then I'm twisted that way!
[+] 1 user Likes elemts's post
29-04-2012, 08:36 PM
I've always enjoyed writing stories and things ever since I can remember. Usually, I write things based in the realm of Fantasy, mostly because I find it difficult to express my views and ideas within the lines of more "realistic" forms of writing.
29-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Creative writing is easy if you have the thought in mind.
30-04-2012, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2012 09:37 AM by ghostexorcist.)
I wrote extensively as a child, but drawing was always my number one priority. I wrote a little through high school as well. It wasn't until I joined the military that my writing superseded my drawing. This is partly due to the fact that I was influenced to change an earlier short story of mine into a book. I never actually wrote the book, but I spent years from that point crafting the plot and doing copious research into various aspects of religion, mythology, and history. (In fact, it was the research into all of these areas that solidified by atheism.) I took a creative writing class in college in the hopes that it would force me to start writing the book page by page. It never materialized, but I did write several short stories. Some of them were based off of prompts from stories that we had read, others were on whatever we wanted them to be. For the latter, I wrote mainly historical-fiction. One of my stories would make an awesome wuxia film. I haven't written any other stories since the class, but I am constantly coming up with ideas for them (see this for instance). Researching the book actually caused me to catch the “research bug”--mainly because I'm addicted to knowledge. I’m constantly doing research on something. The only things I write now are scholarly articles on history and art.

My niece and nephew love to write stories. In fact, my nephew goes to a weekly writing club at his school called "Power of the Pen." I even helped him start a blog where he uploads his stories. I hope he makes it big so he will give me money!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user