Creator of facebook page that satirized dead Greek monk is sentenced to ten months

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: Creator of facebook page that satirized dead Greek monk is sentenced to ten months
(16-01-2014 03:19 PM)JesusChrist Wrote:  If you're "Hurt" from a comment it's your fault. Unless you disagree with Freedom of Speech, because your statements thereafter suggest the contrary.

There's no absolute terms to be spoken when discussing the topic of the dead. Period.

OK seriously, calm down. I'm not restricting free speech. I'm expressing my opinion.
In that opinion I'm expressing empathy based on personal experience of similar situations. You can say what you want, and so can I. I'm not trying to force my opinion on you.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: Creator of facebook page that satirized dead Greek monk is sentenced to ten months
I understand that you're sitting on a fence.

I'm suggesting that talking in absolute terms about speaking of the dead - or trying to define a "line to not be crossed" in a moral system is going give dead pedophiles that face-fucked a three year old boy until his eyeballs popped out of his face, the same "touchy-feely" immunity as people who have devoted their entire life to distributing oatmeal to, and swatting flies off of poor African kids.

You can take the egotistically-fathomed dogmatic moral system you call what "should be" and shove it up your asshole for thinking it's applicable to anyone but yourself.
16-01-2014, 03:55 PM
(16-01-2014 03:47 PM)JesusChrist Wrote:  I understand that you're sitting on a fence.

I'm suggesting that talking in absolute terms about speaking of the dead - or trying to define a "line to not be crossed" in a moral system is going give dead pedophiles that face-fucked a three year old boy until his eyeballs popped out of his face, the same "touchy-feely" immunity as people who have devoted their entire life to distributing oatmeal to, and swatting flies off of poor African kids.

No, you misunderstand. I already corrected myself on this.

Quote:"level of respect" meaning "level of respect earned"

I'm not saying respect Hitler or pedophiles. To be honest I don't know who the OP is talking about. But I disagree that you should publicly humiliate a person based on his beliefs, no matter how stupid. ALTHOUGH if he believes in hate, or is corrupted, or greedy, etc.. That's a whole different story.

Atir aissom atir imon
16-01-2014, 04:05 PM
If it matters.

Quote by the guy being satirized:

"Nowadays, because women can work and vote, a morbid spirit is inside them and they think they are equal to men. In the old times, if a woman talked back to a man, it was very serious. Now they have a vagrant spirit. What good those old days were!"

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
16-01-2014, 06:48 PM
(16-01-2014 04:05 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  If it matters.

"Nowadays, because women can work and vote, a morbid spirit is inside them and they think they are equal to men. In the old times, if a woman talked back to a man, it was very serious. Now they have a vagrant spirit. What good those old days were!"

I'd satirize him.

I satirized Paul Walker for not liking Atheists. He was a charity worker.

I'm only being this harsh to prove a point. Obviously.

The point is, that defining what "should be" said, and advocating free speech at once, is setting yourself up for some serious disappointment. It's not a fence you can sit on comfortably. If someone calls your dead mother a whore, just laugh, and spare yourself the humiliation of being offended.

You can take the egotistically-fathomed dogmatic moral system you call what "should be" and shove it up your asshole for thinking it's applicable to anyone but yourself.
[+] 1 user Likes JesusChrist's post
17-01-2014, 08:57 AM
(16-01-2014 06:48 PM)JesusChrist Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 04:05 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  If it matters.

I'd satirize him.

I satirized Paul Walker for not liking Atheists. He was a charity worker.

I'm only being this harsh to prove a point. Obviously.

The point is, that defining what "should be" said, and advocating free speech at once, is setting yourself up for some serious disappointment. It's not a fence you can sit on comfortably. If someone calls your dead mother a whore, just laugh, and spare yourself the humiliation of being offended.

OK, original guy sounds like a douche. But I try not to judge someone if I don't know them, hence my original comment.
Although Walker I might have a problem with. Now, once again, I don't know everything about Walker either. But from what I do know, he's a good guy. So what if he didn't like atheist? If you want to satirize that part of him, I wouldn't mind. But if you satirize his life as a whole I personally wouldn't agree with it.

Atir aissom atir imon
17-01-2014, 09:06 AM
(17-01-2014 08:57 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  But if you satirize his life as a whole I personally wouldn't agree with it.

*Anyone* is OK to satirize. Laughter is... just laughter. Even inappropriate jokes still get laughed at. Respect isn't a big deal. A guy who's worthy of respect won't care for the outward show of respect anyway. Someone who's worthy of respect is big enough to laugh at themselves too... This guy was a charlatan when he was alive. Selling product. If people laugh at religious product, religious people know that sooner or later it will be seen for what it is, horseshit, so they make these funny rules that you *must* respect their beliefs etc.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-01-2014, 09:16 AM
(17-01-2014 09:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-01-2014 08:57 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  But if you satirize his life as a whole I personally wouldn't agree with it.

*Anyone* is OK to satirize. Laughter is... just laughter. Even inappropriate jokes still get laughed at. Respect isn't a big deal. A guy who's worthy of respect won't care for the outward show of respect anyway. Someone who's worthy of respect is big enough to laugh at themselves too... This guy was a charlatan when he was alive. Selling product. If people laugh at religious product, religious people know that sooner or later it will be seen for what it is, horseshit, so they make these funny rules that you *must* respect their beliefs etc.

To be fair I was raised a Christian. It does seem that even in atheism I carry a few of the old mentalities. Like I've been saying, this is just my personal opinion. Take it or leave it, could care less either way

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
17-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Funny how this works.

I had a so called "brother" that fucked me over pretty good, I cut off communications with him a few years before he died, and called him a piece of shit during that time, as did quite a few other people.

Once he died, to hear the talk about him was what a great guy he was. When people asked me if I heard about his death, I said yes, and hes still a scumbag.

That got my ass kicked to the curb by a few that before his death didnt like him all that much either.

Go figure. Drinking Beverage
17-01-2014, 09:22 AM
(17-01-2014 09:19 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Funny how this works.

I had a so called "brother" that fucked me over pretty good, I cut off communications with him a few years before he died, and called him a piece of shit during that time, as did quite a few other people.

Once he died, to hear the talk about him was what a great guy he was. When people asked me if I heard about his death, I said yes, and hes still a scumbag.

That got my ass kicked to the curb by a few that before his death didnt like him all that much either.

Go figure. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, I'm not saying my opinion applies to every dead person. Although, it does seem that no one cares about anyone until they die or kill.

Atir aissom atir imon