Creator of facebook page that satirized dead Greek monk is sentenced to ten months

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: Creator of facebook page that satirized dead Greek monk is sentenced to ten months
(16-01-2014 02:27 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Although I agree with freedom of speech, I have to say there should be some level of respect for the dead. Even if you don't agree with them, they are still human.
(not defending the jail sentence at all)

I'm sure dead people really give a fuck what we say about them...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
17-01-2014, 03:00 PM
RE: Creator of facebook page that satirized dead Greek monk is sentenced to ten months
(17-01-2014 02:21 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 02:27 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Although I agree with freedom of speech, I have to say there should be some level of respect for the dead. Even if you don't agree with them, they are still human.
(not defending the jail sentence at all)

I'm sure dead people really give a fuck what we say about them...

I wouldn't know. All I know is I don't give a fuck about they think when they're dead. It's a matter of principle. Please don't reopen this whole thing.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
17-01-2014, 03:39 PM
(16-01-2014 04:05 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  ...
"... Now they have a vagrant spirit. ..."

Spirited vagrants. My favourite kind.

So how long will it take before more satire sites spring up... outside of this court's control?

Not long, I'll wager.

Big Grin

17-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Doesnt suprise me.

There is not even seperation between church and state in Greece.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
18-01-2014, 03:35 AM
RE: Creator of facebook page that satirized dead Greek monk...
(16-01-2014 02:35 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  He also agreed with some of the worst Bible parts, like that women should remain silent.

To what extent is that due to Greek-Orthodox Christianity and to what extent is that just common sense?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2014, 11:23 AM
(18-01-2014 03:35 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 02:35 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  He also agreed with some of the worst Bible parts, like that women should remain silent.

To what extent is that due to Greek-Orthodox Christianity and to what extent is that just common sense?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-