Credible News Sources

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2013, 10:53 AM
RE: Credible News Sources
(01-09-2013 10:37 AM)Julius Wrote:  "Global Research"

How about no. Whatever worth they have is buried in conspiracist lunacy.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Are we just talking about news, as in people selling what is distracting in the world?

Any source can give you that. It is listening to, or reading, commentary on what is happening, and you can just ignore the parts you don't like, if it comes to that. That is kind of a who's ya pusha? question.

It is a gift, if you need to be spoon-fed, so I'd advise against looking a gift horse in the mouth.

For what I like, I will just turn to C-Span when something interesting is on. If I want to know about the POTUS or Congress, I'll just listen to the POTUS or Congress. Then if I want to listen to people give their opinions on the same issues, I'm interested in those opinions. That would be regardless of how accurate or bias those opinions are, i.e. Fox News and MSNBC are equally important and credible in that regard.

If I want information of the Middle East, hopefully I can hear from someone who has actually been to and/or studied the Middle East. For that, I guess I could point to GPS, which is a good source for, also, getting opinions from those kinds of people. It is just too short. An interview, with one person or group, has to be an hour or more, not an entire show with multiple segments.

C-Span has Book TV, Q&A, Washington Journal, American History, etc., and you are dealing with commercial free TV. Usually great quality, great sound-- it is not YouTube. If you cared at that point, you could find the great journalists, polemics, activists etc., find their articles, books, interviews, etc., elsewhere if you wanted. And that is if you like A People's History of the US or A Patriot's History of the US, or if you are like me, and you don't give a shit about either.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
03-09-2013, 06:10 AM
(01-09-2013 10:53 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 10:37 AM)Julius Wrote:  "Global Research"

How about no. Whatever worth they have is buried in conspiracist lunacy.

Conspiracy theory. AKA. anti-state tv news.
03-09-2013, 08:40 AM
(03-09-2013 06:10 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 10:53 AM)cjlr Wrote:  How about no. Whatever worth they have is buried in conspiracist lunacy.

Conspiracy theory. AKA. anti-state tv news.

AKA Lunatics with nothing better to do with their time.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
03-09-2013, 08:49 AM
(03-09-2013 08:40 AM)Likos02 Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 06:10 AM)I and I Wrote:  Conspiracy theory. AKA. anti-state tv news.

AKA Lunatics with nothing better to do with their time.

"Israeli Nuclear weapons"

Hey, before that comment makes you go away from the site for a while, can you explain how global research is a conspiracy theory site?

Drinking Beverage
03-09-2013, 09:42 AM
After one too many stories about who some Kardashian sister is blowing I have given up on the American media. Every night before bed I check out the BBC to see what is important in the world.
03-09-2013, 10:33 AM
(03-09-2013 09:42 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  After one too many stories about who some Kardashian sister is blowing I have given up on the American media. Every night before bed I check out the BBC to see what is important in the world.

Yeah part of my reason for starting this thread is I want to learn what independent news sources are worth following. I cancelled my cable so I'm watching Democracy Now on my computer, I feel like it's a pretty darn good source and the news is all very relevant (no celebrity bullshit).

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2013, 10:48 AM
(03-09-2013 08:49 AM)I and I Wrote:  Hey, before that comment makes you go away from the site for a while, can you explain how global research is a conspiracy theory site?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm slightly inclined to distrust a site that thinks that every time a bell rings, it's a prelude to Canadian cession of our sovereignty to America.

There are actual facts buried in there, but you'd be hard pressed to find them. One can only make that it's-just-around-the-corner claim every week for so many years before it gets tiresome.

... this is my signature!
04-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Yeah... next you'll be saying Theblaze and Infowars are credible I & I.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
04-09-2013, 05:16 PM
(31-08-2013 08:39 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Al' Jezeera

I'm liking what I've seen so far from AlJazeera America. Go figure.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.