Credible News Sources

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2013, 03:07 AM
RE: Credible News Sources
(03-09-2013 10:48 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-09-2013 08:49 AM)I and I Wrote:  Hey, before that comment makes you go away from the site for a while, can you explain how global research is a conspiracy theory site?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm slightly inclined to distrust a site that thinks that every time a bell rings, it's a prelude to Canadian cession of our sovereignty to America.

There are actual facts buried in there, but you'd be hard pressed to find them. One can only make that it's-just-around-the-corner claim every week for so many years before it gets tiresome.

Why would we invade and move borders around? We have NAFTA. Canada is basically required to sell us 60% of its oil and natural gas. Your income distribution resembles the US more every year. Your hard-won unionization is slipping away. Just last summer, a NAFTA panel stomped on Premier Dunderdale's perfectly legal decision to make Exxon spend a little of the money it's siphoning out of Canada in her province. They decided NAFTA trumped provincial law. That's free trade for you - the USA is free to screw anyone it pleases, and you're free to keep trading with us, or else.

Why on Earth would we use soldiers to do what treaties are already doing?

BTW, I don't personally approve of all this. I think NAFTA turns my country into a two-headed leech, and it's embarrassing to be complicit in such a greedy and un-neighborly agreement. CA and MX would probably be better off to withdraw from it.

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply